[gmpi] Re: [API] +++ RESET +++ (Busses)

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:52:43 +0100

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 23.23, Urs Heckmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 11.02.03, um 23:01 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Tim=20
Hockin:
> >> typedef struct {
> >> =09float *samples;
> >> =09long numSamples;
> >> =09double samplerate;
> >> =09int flags; // interleaved, read, write etc.
> >> } buffer;
> >
> > I'll argue until I am blue in the face that sample-rate should be
> > constant
> > and interleaved should PROBABLY not be an option.
>
> My full sympathy. I just scribbled it up from what I'm used to...
>
> - Constant SampleRate
> - non-interleaved buffers

No argument from here.

Note that plugin packs could still implement their own "bus formats"=20
for more efficient streaming between those plugins. (Modular mixers=20
and the like.) That's in the custom datatypes domain, though, and not=20
something plugins and hosts in general should have to deal with, IMO.

> Can we set that in stone?

Not exactly the time for that, but I would agree that there isn't much=20
to argue about, if we want to keep things realistic.

[...]

=2E- The Return of Audiality! --------------------------------.