[gmpi] Re: [API] +++ RESET +++ (Busses)

  • From: Urs Heckmann <urs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:23:03 +0100

Am Dienstag, 11.02.03, um 23:01 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Tim Hockin:

>> typedef struct {
>>      float *samples;
>>      long numSamples;
>>      double samplerate;
>>      int flags; // interleaved, read, write etc.
>> } buffer;
>
> I'll argue until I am blue in the face that sample-rate should be
> constant
> and interleaved should PROBABLY not be an option.

My full sympathy. I just scribbled it up from what I'm used to...

- Constant SampleRate
- non-interleaved buffers

Can we set that in stone?

> The XAP API is evolving mery much in this manner - you have Modules or
> Bays
> or something we haven't quite agreed on yet.  Each <thing> has a
> number of
> controls and/or audio ports. You could have a module which is named
> "sidechain" and one named "master".  The user then has a clue what
> they are
> doing.

I don't know XAP API yet, and I hadn't had the time to look it up since
this list exploded.

However, I think at this time we should discuss criteria. If an
existing "standard" meets those, it should be a base for GMPI. (where I
currently vote for AU, but that's not the question now...)

Cheers,

;)  Urs