[gmpi] Re: 3.9 Time wrap up Try #1

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:46:24 -0800

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:19:12PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> i also think we really need to move on :)

AMEN.  Being American, one might think that unilateral decisions come easy
to me, but they don't :).  I've always been the "consensus builder" or
"negotiator" role (if my "small group process" professor could hear me now
;)

> and, and finally, about UST ... if martijn (i think he's on the list)

Martijn!  Wake up and convince us?  I just want one good reason why it needs
to be part of GMPI and not a platform-dependant thing (like a syscall).

> is not going to make a case for it, i formally abandon it. none of the
> proposals about plugins gettings UST themselves address the issues i
> tried to raise, but i personally don't care about audio/video sync and
> if other people really believe that this can be handled some other
> way, i give up.

Ack.  It wasn't my intention at all to force potentially useful features
out..  Is there a thread archived from another mailing list that we can
refer to?