[gmpi] Re: 3.9 Time Formats

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:13:34 -0800

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:12:33PM -0500, Michael Stauffer wrote:
> I like this idea, like a customized plug architecture for our
> too-specialized-to-play-with-the-other-kids plug. ;-)  We've thought
> along these lines before but had been hoping to find a more general
> solution.

Yeah, it is always better to piggy back, where you can (I think).  But this
seems like a genuinely distinct API.

If such a thing DOESN'T exist, it might be a good time to define an OPEN
standard for this.  I know tools like ACID will pop-up their builtin
beat-mapper when you load long files.  Sounds like your project does the
same thing but for tempo instead of just beats.