[gmpi] Re: 3.9 Time Formats

  • From: "seb@xxxxxxxxxx" <seb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:28:29 -0500

Is there a host developer who would care to comment on this ?

The trick would be to have a tempo map for each plug-in generating/writing one and have the user (it could be in power user mode for those fearing to expose this to every users) do the "tempo map" -> "plug-in that needs to read from it" association. That's what we do in Bidule.

On balance I think I'm against a plugin changing a host tempo map.

I'm seriously hoping that this only mean (as well as for all others against that) that the plug-in can't write back to the tempo map it's reading from and not that the plug-in can't generate its own tempo map/timeline/timeline-related events because I can't see the point of having yet another standard where building "sequencer" plug-ins won't be possible (although it's possible with VST but since only Bidule is supporting the plug-in exporting timeline events, it seems no one is interested in coding one).