[gmpi] Re: 3.9 Time Formats

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:10:15 +1300

> Fair enough.  So the question is, does a plugin need access to the hosts
> full tempo map, or only information  from the host about tempo/meter for
the
> current set of samples/events ?

Thinking out loud....

What if we don't give the plugin direct access to the tempo map?, An offline
plugin could still get it.  It would perform an pre-pass of the entire song,
recording any tempo/meter changes internally  to construct a complete tempo
map.
  It seems to me that any offline plugin could use this technique to build a
complete tempo map, regardless of host support for such things.

I figure that supports our aim of keeping GMPI simple, while still
supporting the oddball plugins. Importantly, we don't force all hosts to
support any particular tempo map format.

Best Regards,
Jeff