[gmpi] Re: 3.8. Events Req 25 eventorder

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:31:17 -0800

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:40:34AM +1300, Jeff McClintock wrote:
> >>for example it should be a reqiurement that  note off events are sent
> before
> >>note on events if they have the same timestamp.

> No, Don't rearrange the MIDI data. We had huge debates about the

I think that was for the same voice.  Obviously 2 voices should come in as
recorded.  Maybe the definition should be that events are sorted but
stable.  That is:  2 events for the same timestamp will never be switched
from the order they were received, but two events for two different
timestamps will be sorted.

> importance of lossless representing of MIDI data.
>   Monosynths such as the Sequential Circuits Pro-1 (and my soft synths)
> perform pitch glide with legato playing (Note-A ON before Note-B OFF),
> but not with regular playing (Note-A OFF before Note-B ON).
>
> Jeff

Tim Hockin
thockin@xxxxxxxxxx
Soon anyone who's not on the World Wide Web will qualify for a government
subsidy for the home-pageless.