[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI (What does it mean to be a plugin)

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <ronkuper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:49:28 -0400

Now it's my turn to get mad. :-)

> That doesn't even pretend to do undo.  Let's all please stop throwing
> silly things out.  There are enough emails already.

It wasn't a silly idea.  What's silly is how hung-up everyone is on undo,
when in the real world it's a corner case, a non-issue for 99% of the use
cases.

> And Ron, I'm waiting for an example of a MIDI-only plugin that can't be
> wrapped ina GMPI plugin. :)

Here's another thing that would be silly.  Imagine if the MIDI
Manufacturer's Association came up with a music plugin spec that didn't
support MIDI.  I can imagine the press release announcing the first
universal music plugin format, featuring ... *no* MIDI.  And whose musical
universe does that live in?  Not the one that makes money selling gear.