[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:06:42 +1200

OK, That's an interesting point.

  If you convert MIDI to GMPI then back to MIDI, the converter may use
running status when the original stream did not (or vica versa).  Therefore
is is not exactly the original byte stream.

Hmm...

Both streams represent the same performance, both will 'render' the same
music.

Is that a genuine problem,   I don't know....

Jeff