[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:31:51 -0400

Actually, where I would use Csound, BT uses Kyma, which is a software
synthesis system written in Smalltalk that controls a hardware DSP board.

I'm just speculating here, based on interviews, but I suspect that why BT
works in Pro Tools (instead of entirely in Kyma) is for easy overdubbing,
and
creating really big arrangements with lots of tracks, and looping over short
sections and tweaking them over and over and over...

Another consideration is that Pro Tools has become a standard, and is used
as a file sharing format by those who collaborate on pieces. BT definitely
collaborates.