[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:40:59 +1200

> Thanks for the report. Questions that spring to mind include:  Do you
> also send stuff back out as MIDI again?  How do you handle realtime
> SysEx arriving in the middle of other messages?

Well, it's designed to run inside VST, there's not much call for sending
MIDI out again, so I'll plead ignorance there.  Same with Sysex, VST only
supported Sysex very recently (i.e. not just on paper), so I don't handle
sysex yet.

Sysex is a tough one.  You never know what's 'inside', is it a sample dump?,
a continuous controller?

I don't think there's much we can do with Sysex, except pass it to the
plugin.

Jeff