[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:42:34 +0200

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:45 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Chris Grigg <xxxgmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, if this is to be the logic that governs what's in and what's
> out, then GMPI must do both raw MIDI and the cool new GMPI stuff,
> since we know of one plug developer who wants to process raw MIDI.
> 8-)

This is a bit funny :-) You don't really think Michael is the only one who
needs the things he describes below for "his" kind of music, do you?
No, seriously: it's not *that* uncommon, really. I've been experimenting
with these things myself a bit (I'm not a composer at all though), and Mike
just said he has needed things beyond MIDI when he was in the "experimental
music community" some time ago...
Maybe this would allow some of the "CSound-style people" (sorry for the
term) to finally enter the more broader community/market of music production
if we take their needs into account?

Koen