[gmpi] Re: 3.14 UIs

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:05:38 +1200

Hi All,

GMPI is the 'layer' between host and plugin..

What I mean is, we are not designing a host, we're not designing a plugin,
we're designing the interface between the two.
  My point is that, strictly speaking, the interface between Host and remote
GUI host, is not part of GMPI.

So, while I 100% agree that OSC is a great choice.  It's not up to the GMPI
spec to say.

This is analogous to cross-platform toolkit discussion.  Even though it's a
great idea, it concerns the interface between plugin and OS, not between
plugin and host, so it's off-topic.

This is not criticism, just an observation.

Both topics are highly relevant though, mayby we should put them outside the
spec, under the banner of "Best Practises in Host and Plugin Implementation"
or something, I don't know, what do y'all think?

Best Regards,
Jeff