[gmpi] Re: 3.12 Control I/O

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:05:55 +1200

> I'm beginning to think that these controller plugins don't just use a
> parameter-out, since there is so much metadata and routing that needs to
> be handled.

Hi Tim,

Well, to me control-out and parameter-in are opposit sides of the same coin.
It's natural to connect the two.  They should use the same mechanism
(timestamped events).

Both generally have the same meta-data (datatype, hi/lo range, etc).

I guess I'm used to a modular approach, where you can connect any output
parameter to any input (of the same datatype).  I like the flexibility that
gives.

Best Regards,
Jeff