[gmpi] Re: 3.12 Control I/O

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 23:21:56 -0700

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:51:00PM -0700, Chris Grigg wrote:
> So -- to stick with the existing terminology before we try to improve
> it -- there are parameter-setting event messages flying around in the
> graph, and they travel only on paths that terminate at control I/O
> ports, and after arriving at a given plug's given control I/O port,
> the messages get split out to parameter destinations based on the
> (probably OSC-style) parameter ID tag?  Is that the idea?

Something like that.  Control IO is the general name for events in and
events out.

I think current Req #57 can be moved into 3.11 with the following
rewording:

    Parameters must be able to receive events from multiple senders. The
    host must handle the merging of events.

I'm not sure what to do with current #58

(side note - I am unemployed for a couple weeks, so I'll try to have a lot
of free time :)