[gmpi] Re: 3.11 topic: Inter-parameter linkages

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:44:34 +0200

On Sunday, April 11, 2004 11:29 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Steve Harris <xxxS.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But you havent said how the motorised faders are related to the morph
> parameters - there are a bunch of options so I'm not sure which one you
> intended.

The relation is that the motorized faders that are linked to parameters of
the plugin should change while the morph is going on. If parameter x is
linked to MIDI fader 12, and X goes from 0.2 to 0.8 during the morph, then
the fader should move from position 0.2 to 0.8 too.

> BTW how you do intend to expose you morph control with only a single set
> of the plugin parameters and a MIDI note to fade to another setting,
> without a custom UI?

Example:
There is an integer type parameter P that represents values of a subset of
plugin parameters. If P is 1, the values are set to a specific set of stored
values. If it's set to 2, they are set to another set of stored values.
Hook up a MIDI note on message to parameter P (assume there are 128 value
sets).
If morphing is on, and I press a C4, the values associated with a C4 note
are set as new target values, and the parameters start to change
continuously towards these new values. This is done by the dsp changing the
parameters towards the target values every n samples (probably limited by
some control rate).
No custom GUI comes into play here, only a MIDI note on message.
Koen