[gmpi] Re: 3.11 topic: Dynamic plugin structure

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:46:12 -0700

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 11:16:57AM -0600, Mike Berry wrote:
> - Are hosts required to accomodate parameter list changes without plugin
> reinstantiation?

Probably not.  There probably will be a way for the host to NAK a change
like that.  Ron wants it, I don't see a problem with it.

> - Is parameter list change a plugin initiated event? If so, I am
> worried, but I will wait on those worries until I know the answer.

It only makes sense from the plugin.  Unless we go to a fully modular
mechanism (where modules are defined a priori), the host doesn't know a
what is a valid parameter list vs. an invalid one.

What are the concerns?