[gmpi] Re: 3.11 Parameters

  • From: "Ben" <ben@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:25:03 -0600 CST

I don't have time to closely follow the list, so sorry if this is redundant.
I'd like to support Tim's post and add a bit.

It seems to me there must be some data repository where the "actual" parameter
value lives.  The DSP takes this value and truncates it to the values it can
support.  A graphics knob will only display values within the limits of it's
range.  But if two controls are "linked" with an offset, and then one of the
values is driven beyond the limits of it's range, the true values must be
preserved so that when the values move back into the valid range, the offset is
preserved.

-Ben Loftis