[gmpi] Re: 3.10 (req. 39)

  • From: "Andy C" <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:23:47 -0000

Steve,

What about the (admittedly  rather esoteric case) of a plug-in that wanted
to treat a Matrix encoded  signal differently to a pure stereo one ?  I'm
thinking here of a Matrix Encoder converter ?  So we might want to convert
Dolby Pro-Logic into Dolby Surround or one of the other earlier surround
formats (whose names escape me just at the moment).  What about the
possibility of an plug-in that wants to do it's on internal decoding  and
possibly produce a 4 channel discrete output, would that need to know if the
input was encoded ?

These are question I guess..

Andy CO