[glugot] US Army warns Micro$oft

  • From: Joe Steeve <joe_steeve@xxxxxxx>
  • To: glugot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:10:07 +0530 (IST)

FYI :) This is a snip from http://www.slashdot.org/

[0]declan writes "My CNET News colleague Ina Fried has written an
interesting article today about how [1]the U.S. Army has told Microsoft
to stop sending free CD-ROMs of Office 2003 to government employees. In
what's effectively a cease and desist order, the Army said: 'Your offer
of free software places our employees and soldiers in jeopardy of
unknowingly committing a violation of the ethics rules and regulations to
which they have taken an oath to uphold.' Whoops! Perhaps this is
Microsoft's latest way to [2]fight free software at the Pentagon.
Remember that just 8 months ago, the Army [3]paid $471 million for
Microsoft licenses."

Discuss this story at:
    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=04/03/11/0053239

Links: