[glideplan_swproj] Re: [glideplan_swproj] merge

  • From: Tomáš Zámečník <pulcik@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:06:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi, there is my reaction. (I tested current master)

Gray tiles:
Still does not work. Gray tiles appear if I move very close to terrain.

Simple maps & satellite maps:
Nice when displayed in high resolution, ugly in low resolution.
Included borders are better than the old ones.
Cache size of these maps is much less than cache size of the satellite maps. It
will be good oportunity for packages in future.
Bug: when I turn off the satellite maps, they are still being downloaded. It
may be intersting
to solve this out to see whether the downloading speeds up, if the satellite
maps are not downloaded.
I mean - when you use simple maps, they should be downloaded much faster,
because low-res simple maps
contain little information.

Satellite maps:
There is following bug: Downloading of satellite maps doesn't start until I
switch on/off them in left pane.

Water:
I think that water is necessary. Bad think is when two neighboring tiles are in
different resolution
and the river, which is shown in the first tile, disappears in the second one.
(If the map is downloaded faster this shouldn't be problem)

Height map:
Is it possible to colorize the simple map according to height? For example add
new layer with height,
which is alpha(gray)-blended with simple map (in left pane would remain just
one layer) ?

Lighting:
It's nicer with lighting.

Default/top map:
Now there should remains the satellite map. But when the simple map is
downloaded faster and contains height it should be map no.1.

Tom