[ghrrbac-vtaa] Re: transition

  • From: "Jackson, Tysus" <tysusj@xxxxxx>
  • To: <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:30:23 -0500

Dear Friends,

I would like to personally share with you exciting news.  I have
accepted the Director of Development position in the College of Liberal
Arts and Human Sciences.   I will transition to the College on Monday,
December 10th.

It was a very difficult decision to leave Multicultural Affairs
development.  When I arrived almost three years ago my top priority was
to build an infrastructure that would create dynamic opportunities for
Virginia Tech alumni and friends to make an impact in diversity.  As a
result, we worked together to create the Greater Hampton Roads Regional
Black Alumni Council, Opportunities Scholarship Program, PRISM
newsmagazine for alumni of color, the Black Cultural Center Alumni
Advisory Board, Opportunities Scholarship Golf Tournament and countless
regional activities. Overall, I am most proud that alumni and friends
now have avenues, such as, GHRRBAC to support diversity and to fully
engage in the life of the University.

The best is yet to come!  I encourage you to continue to give your time,
expertise, and financial resources to ensure that Virginia Tech reaches
its diversity goals.  I will continue to join you in these efforts, even
though I will be serving Virginia Tech in a different capacity.  I
encourage you to reach even higher because there is still work to be
done.

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you.  I am so grateful to
apart of the achievements in Multicultural Affairs.

Sincerely,

Tysus

P.S. Don't forget to still invite to your events!

Tysus D. Jackson
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Director of Development for Multicultural Affairs
Office of University Development
Blacksburg, Virginia  24061
(540) 231-5952 or (800) 533-1144
Fax: (540) 231-2802