[ghrrbac-vtaa] We Need Lane Sponsors !!!

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D401A)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GHRRBAC" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:59:35 -0500

Fellow Alumni - Are You Going to Represent?

 We Need Lane Sponsors for the Student Send-Off
Time is Running Out!

Please show your support for these new VT Hokies by sponsoring a bowling
lane. Represent your major, family name, fraternity/sorority, or
anything you choose!

The Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) of the
Virginia Tech Alumni Association cordially invites you to join us for
our 2007 Student Send-Off Social.

Come out and have fun as we meet-and-greet incoming African-American
freshmen from the Hampton Roads area who will be starting school in the
fall. Relax and enjoy the conversation as we we bowl, shoot pool, play
putt-putt golf, share our VA Tech experiences, and offer our support to
these wonderful students.

What:
        5th Annual Student Send-Off Social for Incoming &
        Returning African-American Students and Alumni

When:
        Sunday, July 29, 2007
        3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
        *RSVP by July 25, 2007*

Where:
        AMF-Western Branch Lanes
        3101 Lynnhurst Boulevard
        Chesapeake, VA 23321
        757-686-2695
        (Located off I-664 at the
        intersection of Taylor Road
        and Pughsville Road)

Cost:
        FREE - New & Current VT students
        $8.00 per person for alumni, family, and friends
        ** Alumni Lane sponsorships available (see below) **

The Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council of VT invites
you to its 5th Annual Student Send-Off Social for African-American
incoming and current students from the Greater Hampton Roads area.
Meet-and-greet local AA alumni, current students, and "new" VT Hokies
while bowling, shooting pool, playing putt-putt golf.

RSVP by July 25, 2007 with total # of persons in your party, including #
of current and new VT students.

RSVP to:

        Michael Chapman
        757-864-4687 w
        757-827-9971 h
        757-344-3908 c
        Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxxx

Make checks payable to "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni
Council - VTAA" and mail by July 25 to:

        Michael Chapman
        107 Tanglewood Drive
        Hampton, VA 23666

Lane Sponsorship:

In order to offer the event free to VT students, VT alumni are asked to
sponsor bowling lanes.

Lane sponsorship is only $50 per lane for six bowlers.

 Alumni with similar majors or professions are encouraged to join
together and sponsor lanes (i.e., the Chemistry Lane). Other sponsored
lane creativity is encouraged (i.e. the Smith Family, your
fraternity/sorority, etc.). In years past, we have had a host of alumni,
current and incoming students with their families at this event. The
bowling was fun, as well as competitive! Please come out and show your
support to these new and returning African-American VT students.

Questions - please contact:

        Adriane James '80, GHRRBAC President
        AdrianeBJames@xxxxxxx, 757-857-7166 h, 757-201-7701 w,
757-651-7691 c

        Michael Chapman '80, GHRRBAC Treasurer,
        michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx, 757-827-9971 h, 757-864-4687 w, or
757-344-3908 c

Directions:

        From Hampton/Newport News/Peninsula area:

        Take I-664 South toward Downtown/Newport News/Suffolk. Cross the
Monitor Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. Continue on I-664 S to Exit #10 Rt.
659/Pughsville Road. Turn left onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left
at traffic light onto Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at the
intersection of Taylor and Pughsville Roads). Western Branch Lanes in on
the left.

        From Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Portsmouth/Suffolk:

        Take I-664 North going toward Newport News/Hampton. Continue on
I-664 N to Exit #10 Rt. 659/Pughsville Road. On the exit ramp, bear
right onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left at traffic light onto
Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at the intersection of Taylor and
Pughsville Roads). Western Branch Lanes in on the left.

We hope you will join us in welcoming our newest Hokies!!!

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Data Acquisition & Test Techniques Branch - COD
NASA Langley Research Center
http://dadqt.larc.nasa.gov/ (LaRC domain only)

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

JPEG image