[ghrrbac-vtaa] URGENT: 2009 Student Send Off Social & Bowling Party on Sunday !!!

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:50:52 -0400

We apologize for the late notice, but
the 2009 Student Send-Off is Sunday !!!

We need GHRRBAC alumni to be Bowlers
and Lane Sponsors. Please sign up today!

The Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni
Council (GHRRBAC) of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
cordially invites you to join us for ...

What:
        7th Annual VT Student Send-Off Social
        and Bowling Party for Incoming and Returning
        African-American and
        Hispanic/Latino Students and Alumni

Join us as we meet-and-greet incoming African-American and
Hispanic/Latino freshmen from the Hampton Roads area who will
be attending Virginia Tech this fall. As well as local alumni
and current students while bowling and having fun. Relax and enjoy
the conversation as we share our Tech experiences and offer our
support to these wonderful students.

When:
        Sunday, August 9, 2009
        2 - 5 PM

Where:
        AMF Bowling Alley
        Western Branch Lanes
        3101 Lynnhurst Boulevard
        Chesapeake, VA 23321
        757-686-2695

Directions:

http://www.amf.com/westernbranchlanes/Mapping/maps_directions.amfx

From Hampton/Newport News/Peninsula area:

Take I-664 South toward Downtown/Newport News/Suffolk. Cross the
Monitor Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. Continue on I-664 S to Exit #10 Rt.
659/Pughsville Road. Turn left onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a
left at traffic light onto Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at
the intersection of Taylor and Pughsville Roads). Western
Branch Lanes in on the left.

From Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Portsmouth/Suffolk:

Take I-664 North going toward Newport News/Hampton. Continue on I-664
N to Exit #10 Rt. 659/Pughsville Road. On the exit ramp, bear right
onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left at traffic light onto
Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at the intersection of Taylor
and Pughsville Roads). Western Branch Lanes in on the left.

We hope you will join us in welcoming our new Hokies!

Cost:

        - FREE for New & Current VT students

        - $8 per person for alumni, family, & friends

        - $50 for Lane Sponsors (see below)

RSVPs are required by 5:00 PM Friday, August 8, 2009

RSVP* by 5:00 PM Saturday, August 8, 2009 to:

        Adriane B. James
         757/651-7961
         <mailto:Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        * State the total number of persons in your party,
        including the number of returning and new VT students.

Lane Sponsors Wanted:

In order to offer the event free to students, VT alumni are asked to
sponsor bowling lanes -or- food purchases. Lane sponsorship is
$50 per lane for six bowlers. Alumni with similar majors or professions
are encouraged to join together and sponsor lanes (e.g., the Chemistry
Lane). Other sponsored lane creativity is encouraged (e.g. the Smith Family, etc).

Sponsor checks should be made payable to:

        Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA

        and mailed to:

        Michael Chapman '80 EE
        GHRRBAC Treasurer
        107 Tanglewood Drive
        Hampton, VA 23666

       Because the lateness of this announcement, lane sponsors should
        email their sponsor information (# of lanes sponsored, lane names)
to <mailto:michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx by Friday, August 7, 2009

In previous years, we've had excellent turn out from alumni, current and
incoming students and their families. The bowling was fun, as well as
competitive! Please come out and show your support to these new and returning
African-American and Hispanic/Latino VT students.

If you have questions, please contact:

Adriane James '80
GHRRBAC President
<mailto:Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
757/857-7166 (h)
757/201-7701 (w)
757/651-7691 (c)

Michael Chapman '80
GHRRBAC Treasurer
757/864-4687 (w)
757/827-9971 (h)
757/344-3908 (c)
<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx

f67fe49.jpg

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"