[ghrrbac-vtaa] Re: Promoting Minorities to VT

  • From: mnapper <mnapper@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Assoc. of VTAA" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:12:50 -0400

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with everything that has been said! This issue has been
DEAR to my heart since my undergrad years. It seems like more minorities are
coming to the campus (albeit at an extremely slow rate) and even with more of
us on campus, a growing amount of apathy (another story completely). I feel
that it's up to us who had a positive experience at VT to help in whatever
way, shape, or form that we can. If we stay on the sidelines and simply
observe, the problem will only get worse. We must be the fuel to ignite future
minorities to attend VT! Miss James and Mr. Chapman, i'll be present at the
meeting. Take care and God bless!

Sincerely,
Michael Napper