[ghrrbac-vtaa] Gateway 2006 Chaperones Needed

  • From: "Bryant, Yalana" <ybryant@xxxxxx>(by way of "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>)
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council of the VTAA)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:15:20 -0500

We need your help! Virginia Tech is sponsoring a program designed to provide an up-close look at Virginia Tech for black students and other underrepresented groups. Gateway 2006 will be on Friday, April 7th and Saturday, April 8th. Approximately 150 students will arrive on our campus with weekend events consisting of an afternoon luncheon, student panel, and a "Gateway Showcase." The Gateway Showcase will highlight the many diverse student organizations on our campus. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Gateway participants will stay overnight on campus with a VT student host then participate in "Hokie Focus" the following day. The weekend visit will end with a "Tailgate Celebration" at noon on Saturday, April 8.

There will be busses from the Hampton Roads, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Richmond and Northern Virginia and we need CHAPERONES, to escort these young students. I have attached the individual itineraries, but basically busses depart from various locations to arrive on campus by noon on Friday and depart Blacksburg at 3:00 on Saturday. Chaperones will be provided hotel rooms at the Comfort Inn in Blacksburg and vehicles for transportation to and from campus. Chaperones are included in all program activities, but only responsible for chaperoning on the bus and during initial events from 11:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Can you spread the word and help us find alumni chaperones for this important event. I promise it will be worth your while and let's just say you shouldn't miss the tailgate on Saturday afternoon. Please forward this throughout your chapter and see what you can do to help.

 If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Yalana Bryant
Assistant Director
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Virginia Tech