[ghrrbac-vtaa] GHRRBAC Yield Event a Big Success

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D504)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA (ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:24:33 -0500

On behalf of the Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC),
I wanted to thank everyone who came out and supported our Yield Event / VA Tech
Day on Saturday, April 4, 2009. Even we had a smaller student turnout than in
past years, but the event was a tremendous success with respect to
parent/student/alumni interactions.

The parents were inquisitive, and the students largely undecided when they
first arrived. However, when they left, many said they had a good feeling about
VT thanks to the stories, histories, and personal experiences shared with all.
Several current VT students were also in attendance, and their 1st hand
information was relevant to current state of affairs and student life at VT.

Many thanks to Laurie Brogdon and the support she provided as Multicultural
Alumni Programs Director.

The GHRRBAC hopes to have a face-to-face meeting sometime in the coming weeks.
Please try to attend as we need to plan the rest of our program year, which
includes our Student Send-Off in July.

[cid:image003.jpg@01C9B772.63F8E320]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

JPEG image