[ghrrbac-vtaa] Free - 2010 VA Tech Spring Football Game & Tailgate Party/Picnic for 10th Grade HS Students Interested in Engineering

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D504)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:26:35 -0500

*** This is a LAST CALL for 10th Graders. There are still a few openings
available ***

I apologize if you are receiving this multiple times. However, I wanted to be
sure that you received the attachments (event flyer and application) for the
upcoming 2010 VA Tech Spring Football Game and Tailgate Party/Picnic on
Saturday, April 24th as guests of the VT College of Engineering.

The event is FREE to high school sophomores who will be selected through a
competitive process. All bus transportation, food, game admission, and
engineering program overview will be provided free of charge. So if you know of
a high school sophomore, especially underrepresented students of color and
females, who are interested in finding out what VA Tech has to offer in
engineering, please give them this information and have them fill out and
return the application ASAP. Please do not hold applications for students, as
they need to get their application returned before available space is filled!

Busses will be leaving from the Hampton Roads/Tidewater (VA), Northern VA, and
Richmond, VA areas.

This event is being hosted by the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering
Diversity (CEED) in the VT College of Engineering (COE), Dr. Bevlee Watford,
Director.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CAD025.C3D36960]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

TO:         High School Administrators

Student Organization Administrators

FROM:  Dr. Bevlee A. Watford

Associate Dean, Academic Affairs

Director, Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity Virginia Tech

DATE:    February 12, 2010

The College of Engineering at Virginia Tech is embarking on a long term plan to
increase the numbers of African American, Hispanic, American Indian and women
students admitted to and enrolling in our undergraduate engineering and
computer science degree programs. We believe that increased diversity of our
College will enhance the educational experience of all students. Therefore, we
are requesting your assistance in distributing information about the 2010
Spring Fling Event to interested students.

We are seeking sophomore students with an interest in engineering or computer
science to travel to Virginia Tech on Saturday April 24th to attend a tailgate
party and the Virginia Tech Spring Football Game. We are providing travel
arrangements from three locations; the Northern Virginia Region, the Tidewater
area, and the Richmond area. It will be an exciting day, filled with campus
tours, activities and the opportunity to meet and mingle with College of
Engineering students, faculty and staff. Not to forget excellent accommodations
for attending the spring football game - the South End Zone box seats!

Attached is the flyer describing this event and the application materials as
this is a competitive process with a limited number of students being accepted.
I ask for your assistance in identifying students and encouraging them to
apply. Please note the deadlines: early decision, March 22, regular decision
March 29. There are still a few openings available !!!

Please note that the application may be downloaded from the Spring Fling web
page:  http://www.eng.vt.edu/academics/spring_fling.php

If you have any questions, please contact me at
ceed@xxxxxx<mailto:ceed@xxxxxx>. Thank you for your assistance.

Dr. B.A. Watford

Associate Dean, Academic Affairs

Director, Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity College of
Engineering Virginia Tech

(540) 231-3244

JPEG image