[ghrrbac-vtaa] Action: Need Your Support for VA Tech Day (Recruitment Yield Event)

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:21:42 -0400

I need an RSVP from everyone who is planning to attend our VA Tech Day Yield Event. Please let me know no later than Wednesday.

Thanks.

PS - If you are attending, please arrive at the event location no later than 1:00 PM.

62341fc.jpg

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D504)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Michael A. Chapman (machapman@xxxxxxx)" <machapman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:29:50 -0500
Subject: FW: Need Your Support for VA Tech Day (Recruitment Yield Event)

Dear GHRRBAC Members,

It's time to hold our 3rd Annual VA Tech Recruitment Yield Event for prospective incoming African-American and Latino/Hispanic students from the Hampton Roads area. Offer letters have gone out to prospective students, and these young people are carefully weighing their options as they consider coming to VA Tech or going to some other university.

To assist them in their decision making process, the Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) will be hosting Virginia Tech Day, a recruitment yield event sponsored by the VT Multicultural Affairs Office on Saturday, April 4, 2009, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM at the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center.

Virginia Tech Day
Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center
1444 Diamond Springs Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
April 4, 2009
2 - 5 pm

VA Tech Day is a recruitment event for under-represented high school seniors who have been offered admission to Virginia Tech. The purpose is to visit with students and their parents and encourage the students to attend Tech. We will showcase our university and highlight the many benefits it has to offer. We also provide students and parents a multicultural perspective on student life.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE AT THIS EVENT

WE NEED YOUR HELP IN CONVINCING THESE KIDS THAT VT IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR THEM

WE NEED YOU TO SHARE YOUR STORY ABOUT LIFE AT VT AND HOW YOUR VT EDUCATION HAS WORKED FOR YOU

WE NEED YOU TO SHOW THAT PEOPLE OF COLOR DO GRADUATE FROM VT

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT THIS EVENT BY WEARING YOUR HOKIE COLORS AND PARAPHERNALIA !!!!!

VIRGINIA TECH DAY / VT RECRUITMENT YIELD EVENT
FOR
AFRICAN AMERICAN AND LATINO/HISPANIC STUDENTS
WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION

Schedule
Welcome
High School students and current VT students Panel Discussion
Parents and Alumni Discussion

Reception

Meet-n-Greet (alumni, students, and high school students)
Financial Aid (parents)

Information Tables or Presentations
Center for Academic Enrichment and Excellence (CAEE)
Multicultural Programs and Services (MPS)
Admissions
College Information Tables

Date/Time of Event
Saturday, April 4, 2009
2:00 - 5:00 PM

Location
Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center
1444 Diamond Springs Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455

Purpose
To meet local African American and Latino/Hispanic alumni from 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and recent graduates. To discuss experiences at VT, including involvement in student organizations, professional growth, sports, and networking with other VA Tech graduates. Representatives from the VT Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Multicultural Affairs, and all the colleges will provide information on accepting the admissions offer, obtaining financial aid, deposits, housing, and next steps.

The program will take questions from the audience. Local VT African American and Hispanic/Latino alumni will share their experiences at VT. The program will provide students and parents with a historical perspective on student life at VT, giving prospective students an opportunity to see how VT alumni have used their VT degrees in their personal and professional live.

The goal is to convince these students that VA Tech is the right choice!

Target Audience

African American, Latino, and Hispanic high school seniors (and their parents) who have been offered admission to the university.

Sponsors
Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC)
VT Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Multicultural Programs Office
VT Alumni Association

Cost
Free for prospective students and their parents.
Light food & refreshments will be served.

Please come out and support this event.

Wear your Hokie colors and paraphernalia !!!!!

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT