[ghrrbac-vtaa] 3rd Annual Student Send-Off Party for Entering Va Tech African-American Students

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council of the VTAA)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:11:05 -0400

Fellow Alumni - Are You Going to Represent?

 We Need Lane Sponsors for the Student Send-Off.
And Time is Running Out!

Please show your support for these new VT Hokies by sponsoring a bowling lane. Represent your major, family name, fraternity/sorority, or anything you choose!

Current Lanes being Sponsored:

Architecture (2)
Electrical Engineering (1)
Electrical Engineering & Chemistry (1)
Kappa Alpha Psi (1)
The Whitehurst Family (1)

Don't Be Left Out.
 Sponsor a Lane and Represent!
The Deadline is August 5th

VT Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC)

Date: Sunday, August 14th, 2005
Time: 4:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Place: AMF-Western Branch Lanes, 3101 Lynnhurst Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23321, 757-686-2695 (Located at the intersection of Taylor Rd, Pughsville Road and I-664 in Chesapeake, VA)

Donation: $5.00 (alumni, family, and friends), Free (current & incoming VT students)

Contact: Adriane James '80; GHRRBAC President, AdrianeBJames@xxxxxxx or (757) 857-7166

Payment: Make checks payable to "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council" or "GHRRBAC"

Mail to: Michael Chapman, GHRRBAC Treasurer, 107 Tanglewood Drive, Hampton, VA 23666; Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx or (757) 827-9971; specify your lane sponsorship preference (i.e., Engineering, Chemistry, company name, family name, etc) -and/or- number of persons in your party

RSVP:      Deadline is Friday, August 5th (all funds are due at this time)

The Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council of the VA Tech Alumni Association will host its bi-monthly meeting and 3rd Annual Student Send-off Party on August 14, 2005 for incoming & current African-American students from the Greater Hampton Roads area. A brief council meeting will be held from 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. to update you on our plans for the upcoming year. There will be a current & incoming student Meet & Greet with alumni following the meeting. Around 4:30 or 5:00, we will have some fun with bowling and game activities. The AMF complex has bowling, arcades, billiards/pool, and miniature golf.

In order to offer the event free to students, alumni are asked to sponsor bowling lanes. Lanes are $50 per lane for six bowlers. Alumni with similar majors or professions are encouraged to join together and sponsor lanes (i.e., lanes for Engineering, Business, etc). Other creative ways to sponsor lanes are encouraged. Last year there were nearly 100 participants at the event, consisting of alumni, current and incoming students, and their families. We hope you will join us this year in welcoming these new Hokies!

Directions:
Hampton/Newport News: Take I-64 East to I-664 South, heading toward Downtown/Newport News/Suffolk. Follow I-664 S across the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge Tunnel to Exit #10/VA-659 Pughsville Road East. Turn left onto VA-659N/ Pughsville Road. Follow Pughsville Road a short distance and turn left onto Lynnhurst Blvd at the intersection with Taylor Road (you will see the bowling alley off on the left).

Virginia Beach/Norfolk: Take I-64 East to I-664 North heading towards Hampton/Newport News. Take Exit #10 VA-659/Pughsville Road East. Follow Pughsville Road a short distance and turn left onto Lynnhurst Blvd at the intersection with Taylor Road (you will see the bowling alley off on the left).

Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Data Acquisition & Data Quality, COD
NASA Langley Research Center

New Email => Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"