[ghrrbac-vtaa] 2010 Student Send Off / Bowling Party on Sunday July 25, 2010

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: (Recipient list suppressed)
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 15:16:46 -0400

The VT Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni
Council (GHRRBAC) cordially invites you to join us for ...

What:
        8th Annual VT Student Send-Off Social
        and Bowling Party for Incoming and Returning
        Students of Color and Multicultural Alumni

Join us as we meet-and-greet incoming African-American,
Hispanic/Latino and other multicultural freshmen/women from the
Hampton Roads area who will be attending Virginia Tech this fall.
Local alumni and current students of color are invited to come
out for some bowling and summertime fun. Relax and enjoy
the conversation as we share our Tech experiences and offer our
support to these wonderful new students.

When:
        Sunday, July 25, 2010
        2 - 5 PM

Where:
        Western Branch Lanes
        AMF Bowling Alley
        3101 Lynnhurst Boulevard
        Chesapeake, VA 23321
        757-686-2695
        http://www.amf.com/westernbranchlanes/centerHomepage.htm

Cost:

        - FREE for New & Current VT students

        - $16 per person for alumni, family, & friends (includes two hours
          of bowling, shoe rental, two slices of pizza, and soda)

        - $50 for Lane Sponsors (see below)

RSVPs are required by 5:00 PM Tuesday, July 20, 2010

RSVP* by 5:00 PM Tuesday, July 20, 2010 to:

        Michael Chapman '80
        GHRRBAC Treasurer
        757-864-4687 (w)
        757-827-9971 (h)
        757-344-3908 (c)
        <mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx

        * Include the total number of persons in your party who will be
        bowling and the number of returning and new VT students.

Lane Sponsors Wanted:

In order to offer the event free to new and returning students, VT alumni are
asked to sponsor bowling lanes -or- food purchases. Lane sponsorship is
$50 per lane for six bowlers. Alumni with similar majors or professions
are encouraged to join together and sponsor lanes (e.g., the Chemistry Lane).
Other sponsored lane creativity is encouraged (e.g., the Smith Family, etc).

Lane sponsor checks should be made payable to:

        Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council -or- GHRRBAC

        and mailed to:

        Michael Chapman
        GHRRBAC Treasurer
        107 Tanglewood Drive
        Hampton, VA 23666

        Include 1) # of lanes sponsored and 2) lane names/designations
        with your sponsorship request. You can also email the information to:
        <mailto:michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxxx

In previous years, we've had excellent turn out from alumni, current and
incoming students and their families. The bowling was fun and competitive!
Please come out and show your support to these new and returning
African-American, Hispanic/Latino, and other VT students of color.

If you have questions, please contact:

Adriane James '80
GHRRBAC President
<mailto:Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Adriane.B.James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
757-857-7166 (h)
757-201-7701 (w)
757-651-7691 (c)

Michael Chapman '80
GHRRBAC Treasurer
757-864-4687 (w)
757-827-9971 (h)
757-344-3908 (c)
<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx

Directions:

http://www.amf.com/westernbranchlanes/Mapping/maps_directions.amfx

From Hampton/Newport News/Peninsula area:

Take I-664 South toward Downtown/Newport News/Suffolk. Cross the
Monitor Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. Continue on I-664 S to Exit #10 Rt.
659/Pughsville Road. Turn left onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a
left at next traffic light onto Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at
the intersection of Taylor and Pughsville Roads). Western
Branch Lanes in on the left.

From Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Portsmouth/Suffolk:

Take I-664 North going toward Newport News/Hampton. Continue on I-664
N to Exit #10 Rt. 659/Pughsville Road. On the exit ramp, bear right
onto VA-659N/Pughsville Road. Make a left at next traffic light onto
Lynnhurst Boulevard (traffic light is at the intersection of Taylor
and Pughsville Roads). Western Branch Lanes in on the left.

We hope you will join us in welcoming our new Hokies!

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-344-3908 (c)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)