[ghrrbac-vtaa] 2009 Student Send Off a Success !!!

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D504)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA (ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:41:21 -0500

I would like to thank everyone who supported the 2009 Student Send Off on
Sunday, Aug. 9th at Western Branch Lanes in Chesapeake, VA. We had a very
successful event and the newest VA Tech Hokies really enjoyed the bowling and
meeting each other. The pizzas, drink, and bowling were all well received, and
the parents, alumni, and students all had a fun time while demonstrating that
"there is" a support system for African-American students attending VT.

Because of the lateness in making arrangements and sending out invitations to
the students this year, we had a smaller than normal turn out. To mitigate this
for next year, we have already begun planning the 2010 Student Send Off by
reserving the bowling alley in advance. So mark your calendars for July 25,
2010 !!!

I've attached a couple of pictures from the event.

If you would still like to donate to the organization to offset the cost of the
event, it is not too late. Just mail your contribution check made out to
GHRRBAC-VTAA to:

Michael Chapman '80 EE
GHRRBAC Treasurer
107 Tanglewood Drive
Hampton, VA 23666

Thanks to our lane sponsors Adriane James, Jeri Eley, Olajumoke Olabanji, and
Mike Chapman, as well as to donor Kay Young. The sponsored lanes were in the
name of "Electrical Engineering & Chemistry", "Communications", "College of
Architecture", and "In Memory of Chris Sessoms".

[cid:image003.jpg@01CA1AAA.F09DB3F0]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

JPEG image