[ghetto-software] Re: ATTN GROUP: Req. Def. important notes

  • From: Cord Cornell Scott <cscott2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghetto-software@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:25:19 -0500 (EST)

Vicki, I posted the sys evo to the list last week. Here it is again.

Vicki F wrote:

>Putting it all together,looks pretty good so far, IMO!
>I was wondering, tho: who is doing the System Evolution and Model
section?
>We havent talked about it much. did we overlook?
>
>Vicki

The system will be brought into affect using a modified linear
sequential model.  Due to the inherent risks involved with the problem
an incremental or component based approach lacked practicality.
Modularity of each subsystem is still a priority as each will be deployed
for parallel testing along side the current system sequentially to
minimize risks and increase the comprehensiveness of testing. This
style of deployment will ease integration issues while the subsystems
are installed individually. Modules are to be developed seperately
each following the linear-sequential model until deployment.  In this
situation it is crucial that the responsibilities of the current
system are not immediately handed off to the new system.  Parallel
testing will ensure that all functionalities are present before final
installation occurs.