[gha] Re: (peace from harmony) Re: [gha-peace] Apologies

  • From: "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:42:36 -0700

Dear, Leo, everyone,

Thanks for writing in response to my apologies.

 (I am also responding to your follow-up question...

Dear Bruce,
>Please, let me know how many days you need to edit my text (11 pages) in
>attachment and when I could send you for editing the GPS third chapter?
>I ask you again to close your address: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, as now works the new
>address: gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Could you do this to avoid duplication of
>letters? Thank you,
>Please, let us to solve all technical and editing questions in personal
>manner. Do you agree with it?
>With love, best harmony wishes,
>Please, let us to solve all technical and editing questions in personal
>manner. Do you agree with it?
>With love, best harmony wishes,
When I agreed to edit the book (and your critique of Glen you wanted to add), I
had hoped that you would freely respond to the real issues that have been
raised in regard to gha in recent days. Especially, I had hoped you would
address the question of whether you would continue your personal attacks on
members (e.g., Nina, Norm Kurland, Bob Crane, myself, Lida, etc.)  and the
questions of ethics and academic rigor (upon which the credibility of gha now

Instead, I see that you are ignoring these important questions and trying to
limit discussion to whether I will edit your attack on Glen and when, etc.
along with a "probational" restoration of my leadership of the USA group you
basically severed ties with during your fundraising campaign. Further I
understand that you want me am to delete the gha list I created for you (for
which I freely sent the address to your brother Ivan, which he quickly copied
to his new gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  and I guess I'm supposed to be naive
enough to think that after I delete the gha list Ivan won't delete my name
fromm his new list.

I think, in oppressive governments, those actions come under the heading of
information management and censorship. And, truly, oppressive governments
seldom support harmony and peace.

I propose this solution:

You and I, both, conditionally upon the other, renounce our leadership
positions in gha. As I recall, when I first joined the group, you told me you
would like to transfer your position to another person after a year. Here's our
chance. Let's pull out and invite nominations of a woman to lead the group,
subject to affirmative vote by individual members. Then, after the change is
made, the new leader can decide on the need for other positions in leadership,
again using affirmative vote by individual members. That will free you and I
from the administrative dilemma that now confronts gha and we can focus our
efforts on developing the book as you have suggested. I would look forward to

Please let us know whether you are willing to step aside as the groups's
leader. In any case, you will always be respected as the founder , much as
Prof. Galtung is remembered for founding PRIO in Oslo. If indeed, you truly
care for the group rather than personal power, etc., your resignation as
President will fully demonstrate your love for gha, and peace and harmony.

If you are unable to accomplish that level of humility and trust, please at
least address the important questions of personal attacks, ethics, and academic
rigor so we can move on. I believe it is now futile for any of us to continue
ignoring those questions.

Yours in Peace,