[gha] Re: : [gha-peace] Re: TERRORISM

  • From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:56:42 +0300

On 11/09/2014 05:47, Michael Ellis wrote:*I do not understand.. Is this a terrible joke ???hedva*

Re: [gha-peace] Re: TERRORISM What a ridiculous message Please people, take me out of this discussion

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/world/middleeast/isis-many-in-iran-believe-is-an-american-invention.html?_r=0

NYTimes: For Many Iranians, the ‘Evidence’ Is Clear: ISIS Is an American Invention

The militant group Islamic State in Iraq and Syria is meant to weaken Iran and its allies, many Iranians say.

— Iranians are as obsessed as Americans these days with the black-clad gangs roaming Iraq and Syria and killing Shiites and other “infidels” in the name of Sunni Islam. At the supermarket, in a shared taxi or at a family gathering, conversations often turn to the mysterious group, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and how it came to be.

And for most Iranians, the answer is obvious: the United States.

“Come on, you know who has created ISIS,” said the supermarket owner, winking his right eye. “Admit it,” demanded the taxi driver, hitting his steering wheel to make his point. “It is so obvious!” concluded the talkative uncle at the birthday party.

ISIS, Iranian leaders have been saying for a long time, is made-in-the-U.S.A., a tool of terror intended by the world’s superpower to divide and conquer the energy-rich Middle East and to counter the growing influence of Iran in the region.

Michael