[gha] Re: [gha-peace] Re: Following resignation

  • From: Susana Roberts <roberts_susana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 16:50:52 +0000

DEAR GLENN
AND DEAR ALL
I FEEL UPSET..I CAN'T IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT PEACE. I SPEND ALL MY LIFE
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT WORK IN A SAFE PROJECT OF PEACE BUT NOT IN PEOPLE THAT
PUT IN RISK THE PEACE ITSELF, TOLERANCE AND HARMONY IS NOT EASY TO PUT IN
PRACTICE MY DEARS..?.
BREATH THE DIVINE LIGHT OF THE CREATION AND CREATIVITY THAT UNITE ALL OF US.
BLESSINGS
SUSANA.

From: gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gha-peace] Re: Following resignation
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:51:21 +0000

Dear
María Cristina,

It is pretty bad.  Leo appears to be a really vicious person, who hides his
egoism behind a rhetoric of love and harmony.  I think we should start our own
GHA (by whatever
 name) so that we are not constantly assaulted by Leo’s brutality.
In peace and hope,
Glen

Dr. Glen T. Martin

President, World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA)
www.worldparliament-gov.org
President, Institute on World Problems (IOWP)
www.worldproblems.net
Professor, Philosophy and Peace Studies, Radford University
www.radford.edu/gmartin
Laureate, GUSI Peace Prize International

 Date: Samedi 28 juin 2014, 21h02

 Dear members,

 I will do my best to write you all from my cell

 phone at a forest campsite where I am tenting with my

 family.

 Lest I be unfair,  please accept my apologies

 for the following.

 First,  I apologize for suggesting that gha

 begin to operate in a manner consistent with standard

 academic rigor, similar to credible academic organizations

 and research institutions worldwide.  For details see my

 email to Lida in her generous attempt to meditate,  below .

 (Sorry,  I tried to copy and paste the main part, but could

 not do this on my cell phone.)

 Second  I humbly apologize for any personal

 criticism of Leo as a person,  for I still regard him as a

 friend and colleague in peace. He is our founder and surely

 deserves our respect. Further,  I apologize for suggesting

 that his actions might be immature and predictable.

 I appeal to Leo and everyone to speak up and

 take this issue seriously in an attempt to make gha

 successful and well respected in academic circles. My

 purpose in this dialogue had always been to improve gha,

 which I love.

 Yours in Peace,

 Bruce

 Sent

 from Yahoo Mail on Android

                             Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com

 <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;

                             lidasherafatmand@xxxxxxxxx

 <lidasherafatmand@xxxxxxxxx>;

                             Re: [gha-peace] Re : [gha]

 mediation between Leo and Bruce

                             Wed, Jun 25, 2014 1:23:50 PM

                                         Dear

 Lida,

 Thank you

 again  for offering to mediate. I pray that you can

 accomplish this.

 (Please let

 me know

  you have received this message, as I am uncertain on your

  address.)

 My

 disagreement with Leo was simply that he should cease using

 personal attacks as a method to intimidate members. (His

 personal attack on me was a perfect example of this,

 although he has attacked many others.)

 Considering

 the ensuring discussion, I would also like to see GHA adopt

  a provision that major decisions be handled formally by a

 selected group of members, not by one individual.

 Also, it

 would be desirable to have a code of conduct providing that

 email communications of all members avoid expressions of

 rage and avoid undermining the character

  of any member.

 I would be

 surprised if anyone in the membership would differ from

 these suggestions. They are, simply, standard operating

 procedure for credible organizations. I also ask,

 humbly, that Leo restore my former positions as GHA

 Vice-President and GHA-USA President. While he is certainly

 angry, all I have done is propose that the organization

 follow the peaceful provisions cited above. (Also, it's

 true that I have disagreed with his theory, but that should

 certainly be acceptable in an organization which approaches

 the truth with normal academic rigor.)

 Please let

 me know if you can suggest revisions which might make this

 more workable.

 Thank you

 again, I can't tell you how important this is to me, for

 I join the other members in wanting GHA to be a peaceful and

 effective force for peace and harmony.

 Blessings,

 Bruce

      On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:58 AM, Lida

  Sherafatmand <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Dear bruce

 That's fantastic! :-)

 Please write me from your point of view, what

 is it that you are disagreeing about with Leo...

 Then I will ask the same question also to Leo.

 Once I have the point of view of both of you, I be able to

 help hopefully...

 Thanks so

 much for your good will

 Lida

 Lida Sherafatmand,

 Painter and

 poet,

 www.lidsher.com

 GHA

 Board Vice-president,

 President,

  GHA Female Contest: "Muse of Harmony"

 http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=474

 The ABC of Harmony coauthor

 http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478

 Paris and Malta

 En date de : Mar 24.6.14, Bruce L Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a

 écrit :

  Objet: [gha]

 mediation between Leo and Bruce

  À: gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Mardi

 24 juin 2014, 15h03

  Dear

 Lida,

  I thank you for

 your wonderful idea.

  It's my hope to

 do whatever I can to help

  heal the wounds.

  Please let me know what I can do.

  Blessings

  Bruce

  Sent using CloudMagic

  On Tue,

  Jun 24, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Lida Sherafatmand

 <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 wrote:

  Dear Leo, Bruce, Martin, Saleem, Hedva,

 and all

  members

  I think we all agree that GHA has come along a

 long way, and

  I think we all appreciate the

 hard work of Leo and the

  contribution all

 members including Bruce.

  One idea suggestion to resolve the Leo-Bruce

 blockage, is

  mediation between the two,

 since their personal

  communication seems

 not meet each's points. perhaps

  simply

 due to the different use of the English language.

  If Leo and

 Bruce both agree, I would like to offer to

 'mediate' between the two.

  If you agree to

  have

  mediation, you can send me on this

  common

 list your 'clashing disagreements' and I see

  if I can help both of you hear each other

 better.

 Having trained in conflict resolution, and having much

  appreciation for the work of GHA, it would be

 a pleasure for

  me to help resolve this

 conflictual situation between Leo

  and

 Bruce.

 Now it's up to you of course..

  I'm available for

 mediation help if you decide to give

  it a

 chance. However I still suggest allow a little time to

  pass for the emotion of anger to calm down.

  Sending you

  warmest greetings

  Lida

  Lida Sherafatmand,

  Painter and poet,

 www.lidsher.com

  GHA Board Vice-president,

  President, GHA Female

 Contest: "Muse of Harmony"

  http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=474

 The ABC of Harmony coauthor

  http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478

  Paris and

 Malta

  En date de

 : Mar 24.6.14, Hedva Bachrach

  <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 a écrit :

   Objet: [gha] hedva

   À: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Date: Mardi 24 juin 2014,

 8h04

      I'm usually an observer of GHa messages.

 Unfortunately, because

         of medical problems with

 family at

  home I am

  unable to

   participate

        more, which i'd like very much. But

 seeing

  the

   latest

 developments, I would like to comment.

        1. We are different people from different

  countries

   and a variety

         of cultures. This is our way of upbringing.

 So,

  if

   there are

         differences of

 opinion, they should be treated

  with

   respect

        each other and coming to a common decision,

 in

  the way

   of

         democracy.

         2. There must be codes of honor

 installed in

  the GHA.

   The GHA is a

        wonderful organization which tries to

 eliminate

   conflicts in the

         world.

 Therefore it must, first and foremost,

 not

 let

          conflicts rise in its own circle. This is

 must.  So I

         would

  suggest to think about such codes of

 honorable

   behavior,

         with regard to variety of

 opinions. The winning

   opinion should be

         taken by the

 majority, and also respectfully

  thinking

   of

 the

        founder of this organization, but not by

  slander and

   hurting each

         other. Not in

 this kind of organization, if the

  GHA

 behaves like

         this, who would behave above

 it??? in this

  world.

        3. There are many corrupt politics in this

  world, they

   do not

         belong to one

 state only. Every country has

  good and

   bad in

 it.

         So, we must concentrate on the good in

 people

  and try

   to raise

         their moral

 codes, in every country.. The GHA

  is

 expanding and it

         is good. But no country with bad

 politics is

  worse

   than the other.

        They all have their share in anti human

  behavior. So

   let us pay

  attention to change and elevating moral values,

  and

   not only to

         faults.

         Yours, With respect