[gha] Re: [gha] Re: [gha]: de Sarah (Délégation GHA chez Obama?)TR: A propos de l'O...

  • From: Wadlowz@xxxxxxx
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, univ.ambassadorpeacecircle@xxxxxxxxx, MANAVATAVADI-GROUP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, iflac2013@xxxxxxxxx, PeaceForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cscenter1.nepal@xxxxxxxxx, uni.alli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, al.bal@xxxxxxxxxxx, dan.cdm@xxxxxxxxx, daniel@xxxxxxxxx, national@xxxxxxxxxxx, cmpaix@xxxxxxxxxx, infos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cfischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, infos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bilingualmca@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:48:00 -0400 (EDT)

There is a dicsussion this Thursday afternoon at the UN  Security Council
on a proposition presented by the UK on the "use of all  necessary means" in
the Syria issue, "all necessary means" being the code  expression for
military force. It would seem that the uK and France are less  reluctant than
the
USA about bombing. I fear that a delegation to President  Obama would not
get to meet him in any case. There has been an effort to have  telephone calls
to the White House, there  being a number for such things.  They do not
weigh the arguments, but just count the number of call on one side  or the
other.

    I, for the world citizens, have been  pushing "good faith negotiations"
nearly since the start of the conflict when  the League of Arab States sent
the first observers. I know the Secretary General  of the Arab League from
his days as the Ambassador of Egypt to the UN, Geneva.  Unfortunately there
is not much good faith on the part of the government nor the  different
armed opositions. The problem is usually the same: peace forces start  to act
too late and once a downward momentum is strong, there is little that can  be
done.

    I still think that we can  still push for good faith negotiations so
that a government more  representative of the multi-cultural Syria than the
current administration could  be put into place, while keeping most of the
current government in place. But  the level of communial hatred is high and
things may blow up.

    With best wishes, Rene Wadlow,  President, Association of World Citizens