[gha] Re: from Sarah (congratulations for your article and my clip video for the UN session)

  • From: aladinbis@xxxxxxxx
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 02:31:27 +0100 (BST)

Dear Bruce,
Congrautulations and
thanks for your contribution with this articla commemorating the Narch.
I hope you are fine
.I  allow myself  to seek your advice concerning the
presentation at the annual session of the United Nations on my video clip Peace
(www. www.wix.com / sarahmusiconline / presentation-artist : Poemas en español
"Señores presidents, ahora la Paz")).
It will be presented
in English version, English and espagnole. It concerns the protection of the
eco-system frágil Andean areas currently subject to bordering  political
tensions between Peru, Bolivia,
Chile.Tensions recurrent through the centuries since the northern half Chilean
territory before the war of conquest Iquique, belonged to Peru. As for  Bolivia
,it is the eternal conflict of sea access
claim which this country  also lost
during a previous war of conquest.
My song poem has no
political references neither undertones  (as opposed to Joan Baez which they
say my
voice, I want to remain an apolitical artist).
It expresses through  a list  of the region endangered species of flora and
fauna the wish for peace settlement.
 Currently I am filming
the the clipvideo in its Spanish version in Chile. Unfortunately I'm running out
of funds due to unexpected expenses. A small budget of 200 us$ is missing and
allows me to seek your sponsorship or support. (your logo or name could be
mentiones if you wish on the film credits)
On my Wix website,
you will find excerpts from my music (biography in English) ,lists of my
diplomas and educational workshops concerts in Europe, Africa , Israel etc ....
Thanking you for your
kind interest, please accept my sincere and respectful  token of friendship and
to remain yourts faithfull in Harmony
Sarah Carrere Mbodj (facebook,Linkedin)

 De : "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : "ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Envoyé le : Dimanche 25 août 2013 17h33
Objet : [gha] New Publication to Remind us of Freedom in next Thursday's
celebration of the 1963 March on Washington

In 1940, on the eve of the United States entry into World War II, the late
Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen (1895-1979) published Freedom Under God. This Labor
Day, September 2, Norm Kurland's all-volunteer interfaith Center for Economic
and Social Justice (CESJ) is republishing a new, annotated version of this
neglected classic under its “Economic Justice Media” imprint, complete with an
in-depth foreword written especially for this edition, as well as a
bibliography and index not included in the first edition.

Norm has led the Just Third Way movement. You may want to visit CESJ’s website
at http://www.cesj.org , noting especially the “accomplishments brochure,”which
briefly mentions CESJ’s two audiences with Pope John Paul II, during the first
of which in 1987 with members of Polish Solidarity before the collapse of the
Soviet Union, when the pope graciously encouraged CESJ in its work.
While Freedom Under God addresses the loss of true freedom throughout the
world, Sheen’s special concern was freedom of religion. This is under
increasing attack today. Personal and family economic life are also in grave
danger as the State continues to expand its economic power to fill the vacuum
left by the growing powerlessness of ordinary people under monopoly capitalism.
Then-Monsignor Sheen traced the rise of totalitarian State power in the first
half of the 20th century to the fact that fewer and fewer people in America and
throughout the world owned labor-displacing productive capital assets — what
Sheen called “creative wealth.” As Sheen argued, only universal personal and
joint access to the power and profits associated with private property rights
in capital has the capacity to restore the foundation of true personal freedom,
empowerment and human dignity.

In conformity with the precepts of the natural law on which Sheen relied to
develop his thought, CESJ adds that genuine economic reform must also comply
with the Just Third Way triad of interdependent principles of economic justice:
Participative Justice, Distributive Justice, and Harmonic Justice.
Lawyer-economist-ESOP inventor Louis O. Kelso and Aristotelian philosopher
Mortimer J. Adler first described these principles in Chapter 5 of their
best-selling 1958 book The Capitalist Manifesto, which can be downloaded free
from http://www.cesj.org/ publications/freedownloads. html.
Sheen’s eloquent call for a moral foundation for a just market economy beyond
monopolistic ownership under capitalism as well as all forms of collective
ownership fell on deaf ears. The near-global acceptance since the Great
Depression of the 1930s of the Keynesian "mixed economic model" totally ignores
broad-based capital ownership as a natural supplement to any nation's income
distribution policy.  State-controlled debt-backed money, plutocratic
ownership, ever-rising price levels, and redistributive tax systems have
stunted faster rates of market-based, sustainable and balanced growth in every
country.  But this flawed, class-divided model has become the unquestioned
model for economic development.
The world needs the wisdom of Fulton Sheen now more than ever. The
republication of Freedom Under God helps introduce the work of this pivotal
thinker to a new generation of readers and students, as well as to CESJ’s
comprehensive set of monetary, tax and other institutional reforms to achieve a
property-based form of economic democracy to serve as a complement to political
democracy for achieving Peace, Prosperity and Freedom in all countries
throughout the Global Village.
Fulton J. Sheen’s Freedom Under God, ISBN 978-0-944997-11-6, cover price
$20.00, will soon be available on-line from Amazon and Barnes and Noble, and by
special order from selected other bookstores. Quantity discounts are available
for schools and universities, religious organizations of all faiths, and
Justice-oriented civic groups. We are asking for your support to ensure the
success of this effort to reintroduce this “long lost” work by a great thinker
to new generations of people of all faiths who are unfamiliar with Sheen’s work
in this area.

Yours in harmony,
Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
Vice-President, GHA
Director of CSSS Publishing and Editorial team
President, World Writers
Resources, Inc.
Author, Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
1407 Getzelman Drive
Elgin, IL 60123 USA