[gha] Re: Your few sentences for the GHA two holidays

  • From: María Cristina Azcona <mcrisazcona@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:31:49 -0300

There are thousands of people, most of them children, starving to death in
distant countries. Each time two seconds go away, a person looses his life
for this reason in the world. Even so, many people depart this life because
of war. Causes of war are always very complex and is not effortless to make
logic interpretations while the volcano is ready to explode. To many
governments it seems unviable other response to a direct aggression against
a nation, than military action or even a secret support to terrorism.
Others are ready to use invasion as a way to extend their economic
resources, a typical imperialistic attitude, from Rome to nowadays
hegemonic countries. Post-modernity is full of new monsters of economy,
enterprises and monopolies that have more power than even nations. They are
only motivated by business and give economic help to military forces,
pursuing only abominable monetary objectives. Human life is worthless for
this kind of cold-minded coalitions. But, how may we find an end to the
peril of a nuclear conflagration if the world is dominated by money?

However, thinkers, educators and philosophers must revise the fact of war
from a higher point of view, to consider not merely alternative attempts
but also strategies of prevention, to save human lives and make Peace a
real meaning. Moreover, their wisdom creates for them an obligation and a
compromise with entire society towards a dreamt worldwide joyfulness.

Many times, we disbelieve if really our funds are used in the protection of
the victims of international conflicts. Nevertheless, what is the perfect
way to help in a real, effective mood?

One of the wisest thinkers on education, Jean Piaget, said, "human
intelligence is the ability to find alternative solutions to dilemmas".
Consequently, the enforcement of human cleverness must help society to
avoid the terrible circumstance that is generated by war. We must remember
and re-read Aristotle’s definition of cleverness as "the light of soul" and
inseparable from goodness seeking.

Education, as the principal way to develop clever individuals, can be the
entrance door into a new society, free of the peril of self-destruction and
mainly, far away from the specter of atomic ending. If we were capable of
this kind of delicate perception of human necessity of integrity, perhaps
we could discover "the end of the thread".

The last portion of an interminable puzzle.

Certainly is our duty, as a civilized society, to do something towards the
prevention of war, the sorrowful conclusion of this conflictive state of

There is certainly a clever solution in long term to this terrible menace,
the peace work by geniuses at GHA, IFLAC, BILINGUAL MCA and other awesomne
organisations applied to peace

2013/5/20 Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>

>  Dear GHA members,
> The two holy holidays for the GHA – June 1, Children’s Priority and
> Protection Day (*http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=292*) and June
> 21, Global Harmony Day (*http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=225*)
>  are approaching.
> I am pleased to invite all of you (especially the GHA leaders - its
> Vice-Presidents as members of its Board) to write a *few sentences* in
> the development of our last year's greetings of the addresses (above) for
> the world GHA collective Message on these dates. You can also send a small
> poem or drawing for it. It could be made respectively *up to May 26 and
> June 16* that GHA Board can select your best sentences and make the GHA
> collective message signed by the authors of these proposals.
> I sincerely thank everyone for their participation in these GHA Messages.
> With love, best harmony wishes,
> Leo
> Dr Leo Semashko:
> State  Councillor  of  St.  Petersburg,
> Philosopher, Sociologist and Peacemaker from Harmony;
> Director:  Tetrasociology Public Institute, Russia;
> Founding President, Global Harmony Association (GHA);
> Director, GHA Website "Peace from Harmony": www.peacefromharmony.org
> World Interfaith Harmony Project on the ABC of Harmony Base:
> www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541;
> GHA Program Book, The ABC of Harmony:
> www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478;
> P/Web page: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253;
> Address: 7/4-42 Ho-Shi-Min Street, St. Petersburg 194356, Russia
> Phone: 7 (812) 597-65-71; Skype: leo.semahko
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/leo.semashko?ref=tn_tnmn

*María Cristina Azcona*