[gha] United for a Culture of Peace Through Interfaith Harmony, held UN Feb 14

  • From: MBWillard@xxxxxxx
  • To: leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx, gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, drgopala@xxxxxxxxx, sabrina.sharifah@xxxxxxxxx, preyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bishopstephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, molly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peacejournalists@xxxxxxxxx, ashfaque_q@xxxxxxxxx, bswords@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ron.macdonell.sfm@xxxxxxxxx, jcarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, interfaith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmurtha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chris.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nyaradzai.gumbonzvanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gerardo.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, echappee@xxxxxxxxxx, abe_mukti@xxxxxxxxx, ana.villanueva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, akurutach@xxxxxxxxx, uno-nyc@xxxxxxx, beatriz.schulthess@xxxxxxxxx, dperell@xxxxxxx, Charlesgraves@xxxxxx, wzcf@xxxxxxxx, johntaylor@xxxxxxxxxx, dr.kwaak@xxxxxxxxx, dr.vaidik@xxxxxxxxx, wskudlarek@xxxxxxxxxx, yourbestpartner99@xxxxxxxxxxx, kapoor.florence@xxxxxxxxx, dlkomi@xxxxxxxxx, vinnex1@xxxxxxxx, geniekagawa@xxxxxxxxx, homidgandhi@xxxxxxxxx, lgwpf@xxxxxxxx, james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, janewolfe@xxxxxxx, mussiepeace@xxxxxxxxxxx, Coevt@xxxxxxx, dinsyamsuddin@xxxxxxxxx, one@xxxxxxxxxxxx, rmclugston@xxxxxxx, Manjamil47@xxxxxxxx, shamsiali1@xxxxxxx, maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx, egannon22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jinwol@xxxxxxxxx, yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, april@xxxxxxxx, msa@xxxxxxxxx, c.ritchie@xxxxxxxx, dmichaels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, erik.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hannah.tbff@xxxxxxxxx, margareta.grape@xxxxxxxxxxx, mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mankal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marcusbray@xxxxxxx, Setri.Nyomi@xxxxxxx, sehnaqvi@xxxxxxx, phayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:42:33 -0500 (EST)

Dear GHA Members,
I want to let you know that you are not working by yourselves on World
Interfaith Harmony as an important issue for the United Nations.  The
Committee of Religious NGOs at the UN helped anchor WIHW in 2011 with a
that included the partnership of:
1. The Mission of Jordan.  Amb Zeid Ra'ad Zeid Al-Hussein  opened the
2.Department of Public Information sent announcements and USG Akasaka  spoke
3. Alliance of Civilizations with their Director Marc Scheuer being a
4. UNICEF and UNFPA had their representatives for faith based initiatives
speak, Stephen Hanmer and Azza Karam.
I would also like you to know that the RNGOs organized  a most  successful
event that was held in the General Assembly, with the  President of the
General Assembly and UNESCO on Feb 14, 2013.  The title  for this event was:
United for a Culture of Peace Through Interfaith  Harmony.  It was
cosponsoered and supported by 10 Missions and 5 NGO  coalitions.
I think you might be interested in hearing the speeches and prayers that
were shared on Feb 14.  I have attached the draft program that includes all
the speakers with their identification and two collages of photos that
share the speakers and the religious representatives. Enjoy!
You can watch this 2 hour program on the UN website:
_ (http://webtv.un.org/watch/united-for-a-culture-of-
This was the second such event in the General Assembly, working with the
President of the General Assembly. The first was held during World Interfaith
 Harmony Week, 2012. The title for the 2012 event was Common Ground for the
 Common Good.
To see the event from 2012, you can go to:
When I encourage you to consider how to embrace an already proclaimed
Decade for Rapprochement of Cultures, 2013 -2022, and to use the International
Day of Peace theme, Education for Peace to emphasize Interfaith Education, I
 come with experience and knowledge of the UN and the value of Interfaith
Harmony  that is already being recognized in that system.
You can have great impact if you will embrace what is already happening
instead of working to create a new Decade.
May Peace  Prevail on Earth,

Monica Willard

United  Religions Initiative
United Nations NGO Representative

Committee of  Religious NGOs
at the United Nations, President

International Day of  Peace (Sept 21)
NGO Committee ,Co-Chair

In a message dated 3/6/2013 8:37:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear GHA members,  interfaith friends,

I am happy to congratulate all of us with approval  of the GHA proposal for
the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education on  2014-2023.

It is included in the GHA proposals to King of Jordan  HM Abdullah II as
the best proponent of this idea in the UN, as it develops  his historic
initiative for the UN Week of World Interfaith Harmony in 2010.  This proposal
included in the 9th section of the GHA project and published  on the website
here: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541.

More than 20 positive responses posted  here, we have not received any
objection against this UN Decade, which is  necessary for everyone, and it is
obvious without any doubts. GHA warmly thank  all participants of this

The final wording of this  paragraph is:
9.  Initiate in the UN, as a development of your initiative 2010, a
proposal of  the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2023,
will  strengthen a harmonizing mission of state and religion in global
society in a  non-violent peacemaking way of qualitative renewal of the
system in  the world, especially in the direction of interfaith harmony and
harmonious  consciousness of nations, instead of militarization.

GHA fulfilled  their civic peacemaking duty before the world community:
We've made all  possible and the best way. We can now immerse themselves in the
creation of  the First World Center (School) Interfaith Harmonious
Education (CIHE) in New  York. We are happy to invite to the preparation of its
curriculum all other  interfaith and multy-religious organizations in the world
and will appreciate  greatly your contribution to it.

I like to bring to your attention two  Power Point presentations of the ABC
of Harmony as the  scientific platform of interfaith harmony and harmonious
education - see  attachment. They are one of directions of the CIHE
curriculum. The first  presentation is prepared me, and the other is prepared
this basis by Dr  Abbas Panakkal, GHA Vice-President of India, who spoke with
it at the Seminar  of Interfaith Harmony, February 27, 2013 in Kuala Lumpur,
 We thank Abbas for his  presentation.

Both presentations are examples for each of you to  prepare your personal
presentation of the ABC of  Harmony for CIHE. We like to invite you to such
presentations,  and will welcome every kind this presentation as the ABC of
Harmony and other similar  books, such as The  Coming Interspiritual Age
(tinyurl.com/interspiritual) and others. The  diversity of these presentations
will be spiritual and scientific richness of  the CIHE curriculum.

Best Harmony wishes,

Dr Leo  Semashko:
State  Councillor  of  St.  Petersburg,
Philosopher, Sociologist and  Peacemaker from Harmony;
Director:  Tetrasociology Public Institute,  Russia;
Director,  GHA Website "Peace from Harmony": _www.peacefromharmony.org_
World  Interfaith Harmony Project on the ABC of Harmony Base:
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541) ;
GHA  Program Book, The ABC of Harmony:
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478) ;
P/Web  page: _www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253_
(http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253) ;
Address:  7/4-42 Ho-Shi-Min Street, St. Petersburg 194356, Russia
Phone: 7 (812)  597-65-71; Skype: leo.semahko
Facebook: _http://www.facebook.com/leo.semashko?ref=tn_tnmn_