[gha] Re: To all members of GHA from Adolf Shvedchikov

  • From: AK Merchant <ak9merchant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, akmerchant <akmerchant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 18:27:20 +0530

Dear and esteemed Friends,

Thanks a lot for the heart-stirring poem and the paintings by Jacqueline
Ripstein.  I, truly, subscribe to her vision of wholeness and the spirit of
longing.

Viewed from this perspective prejudice, war and exploitation by those in
the society who occupy a dominant position have been the expression of
immature
stages in a vast historical process and that the human race is today
experiencing the unavoidable tumult which marks its collective coming of
age is a reason
for despair but a prerequisite to undertaking the stupendous enterprise of
building a peaceful world. I firmly believe that such an enterprise is
possible, that the
necessary constructive forces do exist, that unifying social structures can
be erected.  Moreover, the catastrophes and turmoil in present-day society,
I am
convinced, far from signalizing the end of civilization is pushing humanity
ever more rapidly to release the potentialities inherent in the innermost
reality of every
human being so that the full measure of his destiny on earth can be
revealed.

With season's best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. A. K. Merchant
National Trustee, Lotus Temple & Baha'i Community of India