[gha] The UN World Interfaith Harmony Week, February 1-7: Invitation to Discuss the GHA Interfaith Harmony Project

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 21:21:04 +0400

Dear Global Harmony Association (GHA) Members and Friends around the World:

More than 40 members of the GHA in during almost two months completed an
unprecedented peacemaking and educational project of World Interfaith Harmony,
including participation of 27 authors from 14 confessions and 14 countries from
all continents of the world. The project contains on January 31, 30 authors’
articles, two poems and four Appendixes, including 13 paintings by Nicholas
Roerich devoted to leaders of interfaith harmony. It has 123 pages in total.

Please, see project in attachment. It also is published here:
www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541.

This unique project embodies interfaith harmony not only in its content and
purpose, but also in its authors and their team work and solidary cooperation.
This project is purposefully dedicated to the UN World Interfaith Harmony Week,
February 1-7.

We are happy to present this project to the global civil society, and to invite
peace and faith-based organizations, especially the Parliament of World
Religions, as well as world citizens to discuss and approve it by your
agreement or disagreement with it as a whole or some of its ideas for this week
until February 7, inclusively.

All of the reasoned opinion, both positive and negative, will be published in a
special section of our project on our website. All authors of responses will be
included as the project coauthors if they wish. The project is open to new
participants on the basis of ideas and articles of interfaith harmony on the
basis of the ABC of Harmony and similar books to join the authors, whom we are
happy most of all. This project, we plan to publish in the future as a separate
book in the six UN languages.

The discussion will proceed as in the GHA emails with this project, and within
GHA two Forums: peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
www.forum.peacefromharmony.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2049, as well as:
gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, in which you could include without problems.

Please, invite your friends and students to actively participate in the
discussion of this unprecedented project!

Discuss it in your schools, colleges, universities, training centers, and your
religious communities!

Please, publish the project address on your websites, social networks and your
emails!

Please, spread it actively in the global civil society, especially among the
believers of different faiths in the regions of inter-religious frictions and
conflicts!

This is the peacemaking meaning of the UN World Interfaith Harmony Week! This
is the meaning of peace organizations and world citizens!

Best wishes in interfaith harmony,

On behalf of the authors,

Dr. Leo Semashko,
Project Editor,