[gha] Re: The UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024 Proposal

  • From: "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:21:47 -0800 (PST)

Speaking from the USA part of GHA, I welcome this challenge from Norm. I
that we view Norm's ideas as a prospective tactic to use in achieving our
purposes. I have been privileged to discuss Norm's ideas at length recently as
preparation for new directions in GHA-USA and I have been impressed with their
potential. (His organization, The Third Way (www.cesj.org) has a distinguished
history of pursuing these economic justice.)

I look forward to an open debate in our GHA List correspondence. Perhaps the
question is, can we effectively pursue peace and harmony through education and
interfaith sharing alone? Or, will our efforts be too limited without also
addressing social and economic justice (recognizing as Norm does that economic
justice is a precondition to social justice)?

In a way, we are considering a strategy for the GHA. In another view, we may be
addressing the question of our age.

Yours in harmony,

Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony
Publisher and Editor
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
7337 Grandview Ct.
Carpentersville, IL 60110 USA
Personal page:

From: Norman Kurland <thirdway@xxxxxxxx>
To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx; María Cristina Azcona <mcrisazcona@xxxxxxxxx>;
"drgopala@xxxxxxxxx" <drgopala@xxxxxxxxx>; "sabrina.sharifah@xxxxxxxxx"
<sabrina.sharifah@xxxxxxxxx>; "preyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<preyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"bishopstephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bishopstephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"molly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <molly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"peacejournalists@xxxxxxxxx" <peacejournalists@xxxxxxxxx>;
"ashfaque_q@xxxxxxxxx" <ashfaque_q@xxxxxxxxx>; "jpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<jpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "bswords@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<bswords@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "ron.macdonell.sfm@xxxxxxxxx"
<ron.macdonell.sfm@xxxxxxxxx>; "jcarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<jcarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "interfaith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<interfaith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "lmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<lmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "mid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"kmurtha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kmurtha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"chris.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chris.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda <nyaradzai.gumbonzvanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<Gerardo.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "echappee@xxxxxxxxxx"
<echappee@xxxxxxxxxx>; "abe_mukti@xxxxxxxxx" <abe_mukti@xxxxxxxxx>; Ana
Villanueva <ana.villanueva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "akurutach@xxxxxxxxx"
<akurutach@xxxxxxxxx>; "uno-nyc@xxxxxxx" <uno-nyc@xxxxxxx>;
"beatriz.schulthess@xxxxxxxxx" <beatriz.schulthess@xxxxxxxxx>;
<dperell@xxxxxxx>; "Charlesgraves@xxxxxx" <Charlesgraves@xxxxxx>;
"wzcf@xxxxxxxx" <wzcf@xxxxxxxx>; "johntaylor@xxxxxxxxxx"
<johntaylor@xxxxxxxxxx>; "dr.kwaak@xxxxxxxxx" <dr.kwaak@xxxxxxxxx>;
"dr.vaidik@xxxxxxxxx" <dr.vaidik@xxxxxxxxx>; "wskudlarek@xxxxxxxxxx"
<wskudlarek@xxxxxxxxxx>; "yourbestpartner99@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<yourbestpartner99@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "kapoor.florence@xxxxxxxxx"
<kapoor.florence@xxxxxxxxx>; "dlkomi@xxxxxxxxx" <dlkomi@xxxxxxxxx>;
"vinnex1@xxxxxxxx" <vinnex1@xxxxxxxx>; "geniekagawa@xxxxxxxxx"
<geniekagawa@xxxxxxxxx>; "homidgandhi@xxxxxxxxx" <homidgandhi@xxxxxxxxx>;
"lgwpf@xxxxxxxx" <lgwpf@xxxxxxxx>; "james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "janewolfe@xxxxxxx" <janewolfe@xxxxxxx>;
"mussiepeace@xxxxxxxxxxx" <mussiepeace@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Coevt@xxxxxxx"
<Coevt@xxxxxxx>; "dinsyamsuddin@xxxxxxxxx" <dinsyamsuddin@xxxxxxxxx>;
"one@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <one@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "rmclugston@xxxxxxx"
<rmclugston@xxxxxxx>; "Manjamil47@xxxxxxxx" <Manjamil47@xxxxxxxx>;
"shamsiali1@xxxxxxx" <shamsiali1@xxxxxxx>; "egannon22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<egannon22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "jinwol@xxxxxxxxx" <jinwol@xxxxxxxxx>;
"yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"april@xxxxxxxx" <april@xxxxxxxx>; "msa@xxxxxxxxx" <msa@xxxxxxxxx>;
"c.ritchie@xxxxxxxx" <c.ritchie@xxxxxxxx>; "dmichaels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<dmichaels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "erik.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<erik.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "hannah.tbff@xxxxxxxxx" <hannah.tbff@xxxxxxxxx>;
"margareta.grape@xxxxxxxxxxx" <margareta.grape@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
"mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"mankal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mankal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "marcusbray@xxxxxxx"
<marcusbray@xxxxxxx>; "Setri.Nyomi@xxxxxxx" <Setri.Nyomi@xxxxxxx>;
"sehnaqvi@xxxxxxx" <sehnaqvi@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, March 3, 2013 6:30:15 PM
Subject: [gha] Re: The UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for
2014-2024 Proposal

I say this reluctantly, but I fail to       see any mention of Justice as an
essential condition for achieving       Peace, Harmony or Love.  I totally
with Pope Paul VI that       "If you want Peace, work for Justice."  For
definition of such       terms as "Justice," "Social Justice," or Economic
Justice" see the       Just Third Way Glossary at
http://www.cesj.org/definitions/glossary.html.        For a vision that would
deliver Peace, Prosperity and Freedom       through Justice for all, see

While the UN, the US, the Eurozone countries countries and all       other
nation states are failing to address the injustices of the       global
the good people now associated with GHA can       succeed in leading the way to
a solution by reflecting on the       message delivered in 1987 by President
Ronald Reagan at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vP84SqnS4.        And to
strengthen the bonds of the GHA in its educational outreach       to interfaith
leaders and scholars in all cultures, we should all       seriously consider
wisdom of other global moral leaders in the       attached set of quotes.

In Justice,

--  Norman G. Kurland, J.D. President Center for Economic and Social Justice
(CESJ) P.O. Box 40711, Washington, DC 20016 (O) 703-243-5155, (F) 703-243-5935
(E) thirdway@xxxxxxxx (Web) http://www.cesj.org  "Own or be owned."

On 3/3/13 6:06 PM, maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Interfaith friends and partners
>I am fully supportive of the idea hoping it matures into an         initiative
>Love and respect to all
>Sheikh Maytham Al Salman
>Bahrain Interfaith
>Sent from my iPhone
>On Mar 4, 2013, at 12:23 AM, María Cristina Azcona <mcrisazcona@xxxxxxxxx>
I  strongly agree with the proposal and the document