[gha] Re: The UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024 Proposal

  • From: Norman Kurland <thirdway@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:26:43 -0500

I say this reluctantly, but I fail to see any mention of Justice as an essential condition for achieving Peace, Harmony or Love. I totally agree with Pope Paul VI that "If you want Peace, work for Justice." For definition of such terms as "Justice," "Social Justice," or Economic Justice" see the Just Third Way Glossary at _http://www.cesj.org/definitions/glossary.html_. For a vision that would deliver Peace, Prosperity and Freedom through Justice for all, see _http://www.cesj.org/thirdway/paradigmpapers/jtw-greengrowth.pdf_.

While the UN, the US, the Eurozone countries countries and all other nation states are failing to address the injustices of the global economy, the good people now associated with GHA can succeed in leading the way to a solution by reflecting on the message delivered in 1987 by President Ronald Reagan at _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vP84SqnS4_. And to strengthen the bonds of the GHA in its educational outreach to interfaith leaders and scholars in all cultures, we should all seriously consider the wisdom of other global moral leaders in the attached set of quotes.

In Justice,
Norm

--
Norman G. Kurland, J.D.
President

"Own or be owned."

On 3/3/13 6:06 PM, maytham.alsalman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear Interfaith friends and partners

I am fully supportive of the idea hoping it matures into an initiative

Love and respect to all

Sheikh Maytham Al Salman
Bahrain Interfaith

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2013, at 12:23 AM, María Cristina Azcona <mcrisazcona@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mcrisazcona@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I  strongly agree with the proposal and the document

Maria C Azcona

2013/3/2 Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Dear GHA members, interfaith friends,

    An excellent idea matured within the GHA: the idea UN Decade of
    Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024, which requires a
    logical and organizational completion.

    *The first and most important*. Implementation of this idea will
    significantly enhance the harmonizing social mission of States,
    the UN members, and religions and their churches in the life of
    society through the development of global harmonious interfaith
    education. The issue of enhancing the social role of the state
    and religion through harmonious education is very important for
    both of them in our time of burgeoning social and religious
    conflicts in the world. The harmonizing social mission of state
    and religion is very relevant and for the population, which faces
    growing global challenges demanding from them adequate responses
    in a non-violent way of global harmonious interfaith education,
    rather than on a way of global militarization and violent solutions.

    *Second*. The need for global interfaith harmonious education has
    reached a new level to meet the challenges of globalization in
    the 21st century. The existing system of national, common and
    elite education does not respond to the global challenges of our
    time and fails to prepare the young generations for non-violent
    harmonious solutions to any social problems. This is a key flaw
    of modern education that can be overcome only in harmonization as
    in interfaith perspective, and through harmonization of science
    and religion.

    These two key global motives determine the relevance and
    necessity of the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for
    the years 2014-2024, which will give a good start and order for
    the most favorable global trends of spiritual and educational
    nature. The common good of this UN Decade is so obvious that it
    requires no special logical proofs.

    Organizing to complete this idea may proceed from its initiation
    within the UN by any organizations involved in the UN one way or
    another. This can be the Interfaith Coalition of Partnership with
    the UN, or the head of any state who can offer this idea in the
    UN General Session. Obviously, the most logical initiator of this
    idea may be Jordan's King Abdullah II as the initiator of the
    World Interfaith Harmony Week in the UN, 2010. In this regard, we
    propose to add the GHA offers to Jordan's King in the GHA Project
    of Interfaith Harmony as a new, ninth point with the following
    content:

    *Initiate in the UN, as a development of initiative 2010, a
    proposal of the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for
    2014-2024, which will strengthen a harmonizing mission of state
    and religion in global society in a non-violent peacemaking way
    of qualitative renewal of the education system in the world,
    especially in the direction of interfaith harmony instead of
    militarization*/.

    /*We offer within three days, until March 5, inclusively, to
    discuss this proposal and include it in the GHA Interfaith
    Harmony Project, in section 9*:
    _www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541
    <http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541>_.

    We understand that the common benefit of this proposal is so
    obvious that it requires no special discussion. There may be a
    difference only in the formulations of this proposal. Therefore,
    in this case, we will take your silence as a sign of consent and
    approval of this proposal and welcome all of its amendments to
    improve it. Thank you for supporting this proposal.

    Best harmony wishes,

    Dr. Leo Semashko, GHA President
    Dr. Bruce Cook, GHA-USA President
    _www.peacefromharmony.org <http://www.peacefromharmony.org>