[gha] Re: The UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024 Proposal

  • From: "Jerome J. Peloquin" <jpeloquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 07:14:57 -0500

Peter ... it sounds wonderful but from an outsiders perspective ...
what does is mean.  Most of these terms would seem to have special
meaning to GHA members but to outsiders it seems simple platitudes.
"anti violent, interfaith harmonious education," means exactly what?

Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 01:25:20 -0500

This is great work! I am in Seattle right now as we just finished up a
5 day strategic planning meeting with International Leaders of The
Global Peace Foundation.
We had national leaders from:
  * Asia (Korea, China , Japan, Nepal, India, Mongolia, Indonesia,
    Malaysia and Philippines)
  * Africa (Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa & Zimbabwe)
  * Latin America (Brazil & Paraguay)
  * USA- Many cities
  * Europe (Germany & Britain-Ireland)

One of GPF's 3 main planks is interfaith cooperation.

We will be having Global Peace Conventions in 2013 in Mongolia, Nigeria
& Malaysia that you are all welcome to attend.
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Leo Semashko
<[71]leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear GHA members, interfaith friends,
An excellent idea matured within the GHA: the idea UN Decade of
Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024, which requires a logical
and organizational completion.
The first and most important. Implementation of this idea will
significantly enhance the harmonizing social mission of States, the UN
members, and religions and their churches in the life of society
through the development of global harmonious interfaith education. The
issue of enhancing the social role of the state and religion through
harmonious education is very important for both of them in our time of
burgeoning social and religious conflicts in the world. The harmonizing
social mission of state and religion is very relevant and for the
population, which faces growing global challenges demanding from them
adequate responses in a non-violent way of global harmonious interfaith
education, rather than on a way of global militarization and violent
Second. The need for global interfaith harmonious education has reached
a new level to meet the challenges of globalization in the 21st
century. The existing system of national, common and elite education
does not respond to the global challenges of our time and fails to
prepare the young generations for non-violent harmonious solutions to
any social problems. This is a key flaw of modern education that can be
overcome only in harmonization as in interfaith perspective, and
through harmonization of science and religion.
These two key global motives determine the relevance and necessity of
the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for the years
2014-2024, which will give a good start and order for the most
favorable global trends of spiritual and educational nature. The common
good of this UN Decade is so obvious that it requires no special
logical proofs.
Organizing to complete this idea may proceed from its initiation within
the UN by any organizations involved in the UN one way or another. This
can be the Interfaith Coalition of Partnership with the UN, or the head
of any state who can offer this idea in the UN General Session.
Obviously, the most logical initiator of this idea may be Jordan's King
Abdullah II as the initiator of the World Interfaith Harmony Week in
the UN, 2010. In this regard, we propose to add the GHA offers to
Jordan's King in the GHA Project of Interfaith Harmony as a new, ninth
point with the following content:
Initiate in the UN, as a development of initiative 2010, a proposal of
the UN Decade of Interfaith Harmonious Education for 2014-2024, which
will strengthen a harmonizing mission of state and religion in global
society in a non-violent peacemaking way of qualitative renewal of the
education system in the world, especially in the direction of
interfaith harmony instead of militarization.
We offer within three days, until March 5, inclusively, to discuss this
proposal and include it in the GHA Interfaith Harmony Project, in
section 9: [72]www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=541.
We understand that the common benefit of this proposal is so obvious
that it requires no special discussion. There may be a difference only
in the formulations of this proposal. Therefore, in this case, we will
take your silence as a sign of consent and approval of this proposal
and welcome all of its amendments to improve it. Thank you for
supporting this proposal.
Best harmony wishes,
Dr. Leo Semashko, GHA President
Dr. Bruce Cook, GHA-USA">GHA-USA President

Peter Hayes
Vice President
Service For Peace
Tel.  502-290-3611