[gha] Re: The Freedom Budget of 1966 and its Implications + Understanding the Harmony Science

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Dyck <bobdyck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 20:25:27 +0400

Dear Bob,

Many thanks for your excellent constructive letter and criticism. Yes, we
welcome and appreciate it.

Please, let me answer the points.

1. Sorry, but we do not know in the GHA: Who is Bob? - Economist, philosopher,
anthropologist, peacemaker, poet …, where you live and work, what is your age
(if it's not a secret), your country, the address of your website, your
publications, etc.? Could we include your E-mail to our mailing list
gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (about 300 members of the GHA)? Please, let us know it all.
Thank you. GHA recognizes and appreciates the openness and transparency in our
relations.

2. Your term "Peace Science" – what is it represents? – Traditional peace
science or "Global Peace Science from Harmony" (GPS), created in the GHA?
Please, do not confuse these terms, but to distinguish them. Thank you. Due to
the confusion of these terms I, and others, badly understand you.

3. "A brief review of The ABC of Harmony (what's your time frame?)" - The
sooner the better. One week will be enough? If not, please, define these frames
yourself. Thank you.

4. You write: "ABC's epistemology and methodology are not sufficiently well
articulated". But you have not read our ABC. When you will read it, we will be
glad to know: in what exactly “ABC's epistemology and methodology are not
sufficiently well articulated”? We greatly appreciate your concrete ideas in
this area.

5. You give a good overview of the traditional "Peace Science". In connection
with this, I like to invite you to write to Jan. 31 your article ( 3-5 pages )
with about the title: "The Merits and Achievements of Traditional Peace
Thinking." This topic is planned in our GPS book. In this article, you could
compare the two approaches / methodologies to peace: the traditional and from
theory of harmony (GPS) and assess their focuses and their scientific quality.
Which is better: "knowledge in action" or "science of harmony" in accordance
with the objective requirements but not subjective preferences? GHA recognizes
that these approaches / methodologies complement each other. It is our
fundamental idea. The conflicts are endless and conflict resolution does not
provide global peace, although they may be useful pragmatic. The scientific
definition of global peace this theory is not able to give. It can only give a
"science of harmony", although we do not exclude the possibility of other
approach but we did not see it today - it does not exist today. But maybe you
know something about this approach. The main idea here is to recognize the
necessity and possibility of Global Peace Science from something: from harmony,
from justice, from love, from economy, from politics, from law, from culture,
etc. Of course, it is required to show the real examples of these approaches,
as our ABC and GPS. Would you be willing to write this article about all of
this? Thank you. I have answered all your questions.

and