[gha] Roxana's excellent letter about the GPS termins

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Роксана Садыкова <roksana.sadykova@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:44:09 +0400

Dear Roxana,

Thank you very much for your deep intellectual and intelligent response! You
are clever and talented journalist! You understood all rightly, and all
delicately and accurately expressed! Could you translate it into English, to
introduce it to the English-speaking part of the GHA?

Your wonderful appealed to the International Index of Peace, which is also the
index of militarism. An interesting trend: the index of peacefulness of the
most important countries: U.S., Russia, China, India, etc. falling rapidly,
especially in Russia (it is at the minimum of peacefulness, comparable with the
ever-warring countries, such as Congo and N/Korea, which is well shown here in
comparison and on years: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index)  -
means growing rapidly their rate of militarism, which bodes nothing good for
humanity and its future generations: they cook militaristic disasters and
military monsters of reason, in the terminology of Francisco Goya.

Peacefulness grows only in the smallest countries - Iceland, Denmark, New
Zealand, etc. Due to the special importance of this index for GPS, I am pleased
to invite you, Roxana, to write an article about it in 3-5 pages into our book
about GPS with the title about: "Global Index of Peace: its Importance in GPS
for Growth of Peacefulness and Restraint of Global Militarism." Maybe in GPS we
will create a better Index of Peacefulness, developing an Australian one. Are
you ready to write such an article to November 30, in accordance with the Rules
and Requirements for the articles in our book

I find you have all the data and the ability to write this article brilliantly.
Do you agree with my proposal? Thank you for your response.

Dear friends!

I support term "Peaceloveology" at this stage, because I think the word "love
of peace" are clear, bright, strong images. All people are different, someone
perceives the world through the mind more, somebody through the heart. So, in
my opinion, the term "science of global peace" is more appealing to the mind,
while the term "peace-loving" - to the heart, causing a warm and bright images.
A Harmony in this sense - it is the union of mind and heart.

Besides, if we want to be universal, understandable to everyone, then I think
it makes sense to use these two different terms. By the way, there is even such
a thing as a "Global Peace Index": as peacefulness index developed by
sociologists and economists from the International Panel on the world Peace
Institute, together with the center of the world and Conflict Studies,
University of Sydney, which characterizes, in their opinion, the relative
peacefulness of countries and regions. For the first time this "index" was
calculated in May 2007. It was stated that the "index" is the first attempt to
rank countries around the world on their "peacefulness".

The idea was an Australian entrepreneur Steve Killelea, approved it people like
the Dalai Lama and former U.S. President Jimmy Carter. The index takes into
account both internal factors - such as the level of violence and crime in the
country, and external - the international relations of the country, military
spending, and other parameters -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

Naturally, this is not a permanent solution, and within a year we can approve
other terms. And in that sense, I am for those terms that bring together the
mind and heart.

Roksana Sadykova

GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament of Harmony in Russia,
Address: Ufa, Bashkortostan
E-mail: roksana.sadykova@xxxxxxxxx