[gha] Peace Poetry - Middle East

  • From: Hugh Mann <hughmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:33:30 -0600

PEACE POETRY

Religions are based on scripture, which is mostly poetry. So it only makes
sense that religious conflict must be resolved through poetry, and not through
politics, negotiation, or war. I propose that all religious conflicts be
redefined poetically, so that they can be resolved without bloodshed, winners,
or losers. So let's sharpen our pencils, not our swords; send missives, not
missiles; and apply our minds to metaphor, simile, rhyme, meter, and prosody,
but not pomposity, animosity, ferocity, atrocity, or monstrosity.

Best regards,
Hugh Mann
hughmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://organicMD.org