[gha] Peace Poetry - Middle East

  • From: Hugh Mann <hughmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:33:30 -0600

Religions are based on scripture, which is mostly poetry. So it only makes
sense that religious conflict must be resolved through poetry, and not through
politics, negotiation, or war. I propose that all religious conflicts be
redefined poetically, so that they can be resolved without bloodshed, winners,
or losers. So let's sharpen our pencils, not our swords; send missives, not
missiles; and apply our minds to metaphor, simile, rhyme, meter, and prosody,
but not pomposity, animosity, ferocity, atrocity, or monstrosity.

Best regards,
Hugh Mann