[gha] Re: Palestine, Upcoming Screenings & Radio Interviews

  • From: Hedva Bachrach <hedgad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 17:22:16 +0300

On 08/05/2014 18:27, Barefoot Artists, Inc. wrote:*Well, it is very informative what I've read here, but I have one question beside many others... Why didn't this group of Artists go also to the cities of Beer Sheba, Ashdod, Ashkelon and especially the city of Sderot and villages and kibutzim around it which for more than seven years have been bombarded by missiles from the Gaza Strip, which we left eight years ago, took away our several settlements and those people were completely free to rebuild themselves with a lot of offers of monetary help, but instead they chose an Islamic Extremist party, the HAMAS, who was armed by missiles and armament from Iran, through the sea and underearth tunnels, through the Sinai desert. They chose to _avenge their honor! against civil population and their children. those children from these area have psychologists help for all those years, because they are in a terrible trauma what missile would come next..

_Why hasn't this group of artists gone to our western city of kiryat shmone and Naharia, who suffered from Missiles from the Hizballa in Lebanon, also armed by Iran through Syria.

The wall which was so nicely covered by these artists with flowers, was built by the Israeli Government because we have suffered from endless suicide bombers attacks from the west bank, through fields which were totally open. we enter one into the other. The west bank goes until 22 km. from the sea, half an hour from where I live. In my city , Natanya, in an hotel - the Park hotel - several years ago there was a suicide bomber who killed 30 people and about 50 were wounded . _Since we built this wall, suicide bombing has diminished by 70%!!!!_ It is true that in some places the wall cut through palestinian fields, but after applying to the supreme court of Justice the wall was deviated, inspite of the terrible costs.

As for the Balata Refugee camp. We Israelis are not blind to the suffering of palestinians, if only they would receive us in the middle East and recognize our state, all the other would be solved. The Hamas does not recognize our state and in school maps in the west bank Israel does not exist. Palestine as Israel were recognized by the United Nations in 1947, Syria and Lebanon in 1946. We recognized the palestinian state, they did not recognize us as the Extreme Moslem population in those countries , and Arab countries around, especially Iran, want the MiddleEast to be only Moslem. As they did not recognize the Christian state in the 10-11th century. They dream of the past days of after the Jihad and Halifats.

after 5 Arab states attacked us in 1948, and by miracle we have prevailed, about 800.000-to 900.000 Arab refugees fled to neigbouring countries and about a million Jewish refugees fled from Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon fled to Israel, and later from Egypt, the Magreb countries, Yemen and other places, many more.. 47% of our population were refugees from Arab countries, their bank accounts were closed and they fled from angry mobs that wanted to kill them. Nobody paid attention to Jewish refugees, The U.N has only a committee for Palestinian refugees, why not for others??

Now, every country in the world gives citizenship to people in its area, after some period of 5-10 years, in some places more. Only Arab countries did not give citizen's rights to people in their territory and kept them in refugee camps for 66 years. The more daring ones, left these camps. Only Jordan gave them citizenship. The truth is that when we entered these territories in 1967 (_and we entered them because of endless terror from all sides. This terror started already in 1929, when the whole jewish community in Nablus, hebron,was massacred by its neigbours) in 1967 Palestinians of the west bank were Jordanian citizens and the Gaza people were under Egyptian rule. One of the terrible and main differences between us and Palestinians is that they maintain the idea of the RIGHT OF RETURN - ARAFAT WANTED TO RETURN 5 MILLION REFUGEES TO ISRAEL, AND THUS UNDRMINE OUR DEMOGRAPHY. WE ARE EIGHT HUNDRED KM. LONG AND A NARROW WIDTH , INCLUDING THE PALESTINIAN WEST BANK WHICH ENTERS UNTIL 22 KM FROM THE SEA, WHICH I ALREADY MENTIONED. A POPULATION OF EIGHT MILLION PEOPLE, ABOUT 20% ARE CHRISTIAN, MOSLEMS, DRUZ ETC.. AND THE REST JEWISH... NOBODY PUT ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTY ON ARAB COUNTRIES TO BEAHAVE ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOM AND GIVE CITIZENSHIP TO THESE REFUGEES. _

About the use of the word Apartheid; I have never seen an apartheid country in which there are three Moslem parties and representatives in the parliament I have never seen an apartheid country in which all citizens, Jewish, Moslem, Christian, Druz get schooling and send their children to universities.. I have never seen an apartheid country in which moslem citizens, like the rest of population , have doctors, lawyers, social workers and also manual workers, like the rest of the citizens. It is true that their children don't go to the Army, as such families have a lot of family in Arab country. However, lately a law was passed that extreme religious jewish citizens have to do army service, or national service, and the national service applies also to Arab citizens, to work in their communities or in hostpitals etc..for about one-two years as a service to their country.

About the demeaning and distasteful reference to the western wall, THE WAILING WALL * *is located in the Old City of Jerusalem <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_City_%28Jerusalem%29> at the foot of the western side of the Temple Mount <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount>. It is a remnant of the ancient wall that surrounded the Jewish Temple <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_in_Jerusalem>'s courtyard, and is arguably the most sacred site recognized by the Jewish faith outside of the Temple Mount itself._The old city of jerusalem contains holy places to three religions - the Jewish, the Christian and the Moslem. the El Axa Moslem third holy place, is situated in close vicinity to the wailing wall, on the same hill. Which sometimes causes tensions.

I do not believe in stones or temples, as I think that God is part of our souls, however I deeply respect the beliefs of the three religions, and the beliefs of the Druz and Bahai the holy places of which are located in other places. Religions are various ways of approaching the concept of God and have given variated Moral codes to humanity. The institutions of religions are another story, and the hate of the stranger and unbeliever is a terrible danger in every religion. So, that artist or reporter that mocked and undermined the wailing wall should be ashamed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not like the settlement policy of this governement and many of my people don't like it. It is a right wing government, with a right wing policy which does not act enough for a welfare society. Poverty is growing because of the belligerant situation. However, this SETTLEMENT POLICY WHICH STARTED IN 1967, AS ONLY FEW SETTLEMENTS IN STRATEGIC POINTS, GREW AFTER SHARON TOOK OUT ONE SIDED, WITHOUT ANY AGREEMENT WITH THE HAMAS EXTREMES IN POWER, ALL SOLDIERS AND ARMY AND SETTLEMENTS FROM THE GAZA STRIP. THEN THE MISSILES BEGAN AFTER A WHILE. IN THE WEST BANK THERE ARE A LOT OF HAMAS PEOPLE, IN TENTION WITH THE PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY WHICH SOMETIMES WANTS THEM AND SOMETIMES REJECTS THEM. THE SETTLEMENT POLICY GOT O U T OF HA N D, WITH EXTREMIST RELIGIOUS SETTLERS BUILDING SMALL TEMPORARY SETTLEMENTS ON HILLS, WHICH THEN SOMETIMES GET MORE FUNDS, AND THE SUPREME COURT DECISIONS TO DISMANTLE AND DESTROY THESE SETTLEMENTS. ARMY AND SETTLERS ARE OFTEN IN CONFRONTATION , ESPECIALLY WITH THE EXTREMISTS ATTACKING THE ARMY ITSELF. HOWEVER, IN THE PEACE NEGOCIATIONS WHICH I PRAY AND HOPE WILL CONTINUE, THE OFFER TO PALESTINIANS WAS THAT A PART OF SETTLEMENTS WILL REMAIN UNDER THEIR RULE, WHILE THREE BIG CLUSTERS OF SETTLEMENTS WILL BE EXCHANGED WITH THREE BIG CLUSTERS OF LAND FROM WITHIN ISRAEL, NEAR THE BORDERS. UNFORTUNATELY WE DEAL HERE WITH TWO EXTREME LEADERS.

We, Israelis will never allow another HOLOCAUST to return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The memory of that universal evil, and us being the sacrificial lamb of history - well NO MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we shall protect ourselves by any means.. this also influences our policies.

I truely hope and pray that some solution would be found for these two unfortunate people, who suffer.. both us and palestinians, and lose so many people.. God forbid from losing more... Every sixth house in Israel has a casualty of war either dead or injured... Palestinians also suffer.. but until, and I really hope soon, a solution is found - PLEASE DON'T BE ONE SIDED AND SEE BOTH PEOPLE'S SUFFERING... IF YOU WERE IN THE WEST BANK, COME AND VISIT ISRAEL TOO.

_Dr. Hedva Rabinson Bachrach_

__
_*
<http://cts.vresp.com/fbl?c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/http%3A%2F%2Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%2F862805%2Fc1d11a6ed4%2FARCHIVE%23like> <http://cts.vresp.com/ts?c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Ftwitter%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%257D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%252F862805%252Fc1d11a6ed4%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DPalestine%252C%2BUpcoming%2BScreenings%2B%2526%2BRadio%2BInterviews> <http://cts.vresp.com/ls?c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Flinkedin%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%257D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vresp.com%252F862805%252Fc1d11a6ed4%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DPalestine%252C%2BUpcoming%2BScreenings%2B%2526%2BRadio%2BInterviews>

Palestine, Upcoming Screenings & Radio Interviews
Dear GHA friends,

With the coming of May, our hearts are filled with joy. The Barefoot Artists team has just returned form our project in Palestine where we worked at the Balata Refugee Camp <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/15a2401602>, the Nablus old city Square, and the small rural village of Aqaba <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/8ece5a5a27>. The trip was arduous but deeply rewarding.

Also, WHYY radio will be rebroadcasting Marty Moss-Coane's interview <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/a8a848fb47> with me, Daniel Traub and Glenn Holsten about *The Barefoot Artist* movie on Friday, 5/09, in the 11am – 12pm hour. Hope you can listen in.

We are grateful to have the opportunity to share our experiences with you.

Best Wishes,
Lily Yeh

<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/188d4ca26a> *Upcoming Screening*

The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival is hosting a special screening of *The Barefoot Artist *movie at the Kimmel Center on Thursday, May 15 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are free (but required) please RSVP <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/041d65c39e/id=4883>.

Click to download the poster <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/c7cf2164cd> for *The Barefoot Artist* movie screening at the Kimmel Center.

caroline_casey <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/1b786bf7bf>

On April 10, 2014, Lily Yes was a guest on Caroline Casey’s Visionary Activist Radio Show, which is a constantly evolving experiment in Radio Magic. Her show provides the Mythological News, the Themes of Now, and has as guests anyone with a piece of the puzzle for Dreaming, Conjuring and Implementing a more lovingly ingenious world. Listen to the interview with Lily Yeh now <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/739585dfc1>.

corcoran <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/7e343b9dc9>

On Monday, May 12 at 7p.m., as the 2014 Dudley Family Lecturer at the Corcoran in Washington, D.C., Lily Yeh will share stories from her inspiring work at the intersection of art and life. Following the talk, Lily will sign copies of her book, /Awakening Creativity/. The event is free but pre-registration is encouraged <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/3181d5708f>.

thewall

Guest post by Rob Shetterly on BarefootArtists.com <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/cf6d3e3068>: I returned a few days ago from Palestine. I had been part of Lily Yeh’s Barefoot Artist team recruited to paint murals in three places -- the Balata Refugee Camp, Al Aqaba, a small agricultural village in the Jordan Valley that has been resisting demolition by the Israelis for 40 years, and in the Old City of Nablus. This was my first trip to Palestine and although I had read extensively about the Occupation, the illegal settlements, the apartheid, the check points, and the Wall, I was little prepared to actually see and feel -- have to witness -- the extent of them. Read the rest of "Wailing at the Wall." <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/5e50197089>

painted <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/501166c494>

National Day of Prisoners is an annual festival of support for the 800,000 Palestinians and their families who have been victimized by the Israeli occupation since 1967. Barefoot Artists team members painted children’s faces at the 2014 festival. See more photos and read more about Barefoot Artists' work in Palestine <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/52f25a7de2>.

aqaba_newsletter <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/aed6c0596d>

On April 30th 2014, the Barefoot Artists team visited Al Aqaba, a small West Bank village located in the Jordan Valley. The village is at a watershed moment. Follow this link to read more about the project and see more photos. <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/d715ac3475>

inspiring <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/45de4bbb5f>

If you are anything like us, you want to live an extraordinary life. You want to give your deepest soul gifts and make a meaningful contribution to your community and our planet. You want to feel deeply inspired and connected to Spirit. The *Inspiring Women Summit* is here to help – providing you withinspiration, support and PLAY – as we work to heal, evolve, and rebalance ourselves and our world. Please Register Now and hear from Lily Yeh +30 other Inspiring Women for FREE! <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/1c79078435>

*lilymosiac 2 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/af85073220>

The Barefoot Artist*, now available for pre-order on DVD, explores two sides of Lily Yeh’s life that are connected parts of the same journey: her international ventures helping to heal weakened spirits in communities in North America, Africa, China, and India, and a personal journey within, to repair her own fractured family. To embrace the latter, Lily embarks on a trip to China to trace her father’s life, in hopes of resolving life-long guilt that was passed from father to daughter. Get the DVD <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/6c92b6d24f>.

Please support Barefoot Artists by forwarding this message to a friend <http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=c1d11a6ed4&lid=1643018159&ldh=b123d97574> and considering a charitable donation <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./c1d11a6ed4/b123d97574/2f9b11e7cb> to support our international projects.

Click to view this email in a browser <http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/862805/c1d11a6ed4/1643018159/b123d97574/>

Barefoot Artists, Inc.
2412 Waverly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147