[gha] Re: News on Fukushima

  • From: "Martin, Glen T" <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:25:35 +0000

I agree that this situation may be apocalyptic, underlining the apocalyptic
stupidity of the entire dominant system and its minions.   And I agree that we
should put pressure on the powers that be to deal at a world level with trying
to defuse this time bomb.   But I do not see that there is anything else we can
do but only  stand by helplessly while the apocalypse slowly climaxes.  In the
meantime, we need to keep working for the real, fundamental, long term
solutions.  Nuclear weapons are illegal under the Earth Constitution and would
be immediately dismantled worldwide once it comes to power.   Under the
Provisional World Parliament, all nuclear fission facilities are transferred to
the Earth Federation government for decommissioning.  If we survive this
Fukushima episode, there will be others, until global disaster finally strikes.
  Only by uniting under the Earth Constitution can we assure a future for
humanity and the environment of our planet.

Dr. Glen T. Martin

President, World Constitution and Parliament Assoc.
President, Institute on World Problems
Professor of Philosophy, Radford University